Trojan Horse

The skies were blanketed in light grey clouds, a gentle sprinkling of rain wetted the air and chilled the morning

The skies were blanketed in light grey clouds, a gentle sprinkling of rain wetted the air and chilled the morning. Allessandra stood on a hill in the distance, somber and silent. Below her a funeral. She watched, straining her ears to hear the words of the priest, the speeches of the family for the deceased. All the while, she could not answer the question in the back of her head. "why are you here?" it kept asking her. With little more than the fact that her feet refused to move as a reason.

Allessandra wiped a stray tear from her eye for a second time, she watched the two caskets with an ache in her chest. Before them, the boy from the alley. Everybody knew the Waynes, everybody knew their son. But this wasn't mourning by reputation, this ache in her chest felt personal.

"But why?" Allessandra asked herself. Frustration boiling up between the sadness. Below her, further away from the funeral a small shadow peeped from around a gargoyle. "Cat?" Allessandra questioned. Selina watched the funeral from her perch. Allessandra shook her head, She wanted to stop thinking about all of this, it was only giving her a headache. It seems many strange things were tied to the deaths of the Waynes.

There was more that she had to look into, just the night before she had heard of the death of Mario Pepper. A man police claimed was the killer of the Waynes. They put his picture in the papers and on the news. Allessandra was a few days late in learning this, far too busy with work and searching for the masked man herself.  While the city rejoiced the justice for the Waynes, something was left unsettled for Allessandra.

Mario Pepper did not have the eyes of the killer. Allessandra found herself gazing at the photo while she had her coffee in the small hours before dawn. His eyes were too young and too bright to be the eyes of the man she fought with. His body was too large as well. She would need answers, and if she could not get them herself, it may be time to butter up a certain cop.

Briefly, Bruce looked up, and on the hill, he saw Allessandra. He wanted to stay something, but the funeral was still in progress and he dared not to speak. Instead, he watched her draw her coat in tighter and turn to leave. Not only his eyes took notice, Harvey stood at Jim Gordon's side while watching the funeral from the cop car. As the two cops walked to give their condolences to Bruce he noticed the curvy figure leave the hill. 

"I heard you caught the man who killed my Parents," Bruce said to Jim Gordon, Jim offered the boy a strained smile "I'm sorry you didn't get to see a trial," Jim said. "that's ok, Thank you for all you've done. for keeping your promise" said Bruce, he held his head high and sucked in his tears, heading for his car with his butler.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allessandra helped Selina and Bridgit pack up "I'm sorry the week is already up, I will have a safe spot for the two of you soon. I promise" She said to the two girls. Selina smiled "don't worry about it," she said. Allessandra looked to Bridgit, it wasn't Selina she was worried about. Selina knew how to survive the streets better than anyone else she knew. Bridgit was another story, she knew how to navigate the streets, however, that's not where she would be going. It was life with her brothers that worried Allessandra.