A Gift

Allessandra's heels clicked up the cobblestone to Falcone's estate

Allessandra's heels clicked up the cobblestone to Falcone's estate. Knocking lightly at the front door she waited and was soon greeted by a frowning Victor. "Why are you sulking?" Allessandra asked him, the corners of her mouth trying to not tick up into a smile.

"I'm bored, and tonight's not important enough for my kind of heavy." Victor sulked. Allessandra gave him a somewhat mocking pat on the shoulder before entering in the door. "Poor Zsasz, a night off must be so terrible." she said. Victor rolled his eyes at her. "you're not funny, Cathain." he hummed.

"The Boss wants to speak with you in the study before you two leave." Victor said. Allessandra gave a nod and made her way there.

In the study only the warm light from the roaring fire could be fully seen. The room was cast in dancing shadows filling the four walls with ominosity.  Falcone sat in a large plush chair before the fire, a drink in hand and a long frown on his face. Eyes squinting as they watched the fire flicking. Allessandra quietly made her way into the room, standing at the side of the chair. However, it seemed Falcone was too far in thought to notice. Softly, she cleared her throat. "Falcone, sir. You wished to speak with me?" She asked.

Dragging his gaze away from the fire, and with it his thoughts, Falcone looked up at Allessandra. "Sorry, forgive a old man. I seemed to have lost myself in too much thinking." He said. Allessandra offered a faint smile, "Happens to the best of us sir, age isn't a factor." she offered with a chuckle.

Falcone smiled at her waving his hand he offered her to sit in chair diagonal from him. "I have to say I am sorry it has taken me so long to find you a proper home. These past two months have been very busy, and not in the best ways." Falcone said, watching Allessandra take a seat. 

"It's more than ok, thanks to you I can afford a hotel should Vsaz get to be a little to much for me. It's not your fault that petty crimes going up or that Gotham's mayor has the mentality of a small child seventy-five percent of the time." Allessandra said. Falcone cracked a smile but it soon faded. "It will take me a little more time on the housing, however, I've gotten you something in the meantime. We will be heading there on our way to my...meeting." Falcone said.

"Sir, thank you but you didn't have too-" Allessandra was hushed as Falcone rose his hand.

"I don't have to do anything. My son and Daughter do not stay with me here in Gotham, they stay south of here, in the family home. It's safer. Having you around is like having them near. Not many of my people don't freeze up when near me." Falcone said letting out a small scoff, "You, Victor, and Fish are a special breed." He added.

"Thank you, sir." Allessandra said with bright smile. "Even the scariest of things are friendlier than you think. Just look at Halloween and Rollercoasters." She said. Falcone chuckled "Falcone, the Rollercoaster." He teetered his head from side to side "I almost like that better than The Roman." he said with a smile.