5

When Hannah had walked into the room and she could almost immediately feel the tension in the room

When Hannah had walked into the room and she could almost immediately feel the tension in the room. It was suffocating, and Hannah had no idea as to why it was so tense in the room. The only person in the room was Alaric, and this observation had confused Hannah even more.

Hannah did not know that at this moment Alaric was going through a whirlwind of emotions. He did not know how to tell the mother of his children that her ex-boyfriend is going to come to Salvatore school. 

What's even worse is that he's going to come with his child. This child was created in the first place because of the fact that he cheated on her.

"What's going on?" Hannah asked.

She did not want to know the answer, but it was a harsh reality that she had to face. Hannah's curiosity was something that no one could match. Hannah wanted to give Alaric his privacy, but he was hiding from something from her, and she knew it had something to do with her. 

Therefore she was being a little more pushy about wanting to know the information.

"Hannah, you're not going to like this," Alaric said.

He knew that this was true. This wound was the one wound that had hurt Hannah the most. Hannah was never one to hold grudges, therefore she has chosen to move on with her life. 

Though, she knew that Klaus Mikaelson was never going to come back to Mystic Falls. She was almost certain that she would never have to see him again. No, faith works in a very mysterious way, and Hannah was going to realize that today

"Just say it, Ric," Hannah replied to what Alarick was saying. 

She thought in her head, that he was being overly dramatic about something. That it really was nothing, and he was worried about nothing as well. 

Though, the look that I like had given her as she walked into the room gave her a hint this was something that she was actually not going to like. Therefore, with a deep breath, Alaric said,

"Klaus Mikaelson is going to live in Mystic Falls now, with his daughter enrolled in the Salvatore school," Alaric tells Hannah. 

He cringed at how he had said it. He wanted to say it in a way that will be less hurtful towards Hannah, but this kind of news was not something that he could say lightly.

"Alaric, thank you for protecting me, but I can handle this," Hannah spoke lightly. 

She knew that she could, she just had to maintain a sense of professionalism with him. 

"I just do not want you to be the way that you were when he broke your heart," Alaric replied. 

He knew what he was saying, she was a mess when she had accepted that the breakup was real and that Klaus was not going to want her back.

"I have moved on," Hannah said lightly. 

They both did not believe this, but she added on, 

"I had to, for the kids," Hannah said.

That was the beginning of the whirlwind of emotions that Hannah was going to feel.