20

"Alaric, trust me I do not want to forgive him as much as you do not want me to be with him again," Hannah said

She was explaining the control that she has lost when just being around Klaus. Alaric had somewhat begun to understand that. Alaric had felt that way about his late almost wife Josette. She was his everything, and he had desperately wanted to feel that way again. 

Alaric believed that he and Hannah could have something, as they were raising their children. 

Though, that spark was short-lived. 

Hannah and Alaric were both still hurt at the time and were looking at each other to heal that, though, neither of them had the capability to do that.

Alaric sighs and replied,

"Hannah I get it, I really do," Alaric had started off.

"But you can not allow this to happen anymore, this is a sick game to him," Alaric added on.

He knew what he was going to say next was going to hurt Hannah, and he did not know if this was even true. Alaric though did not have enough time to fact check what he was going to say though, so he had just said it.

"Klaus Mikaelson does not love you at all Hannah Forbes," Alaric spoke.

His tone had a sense of finality when he had spoken. Hannah has flinched at what he had said, there was always going to be a part of Hannah that would love Klaus Mikaelson. Though now it seemed as though the world was against them coming back together, and Alaric was the first obstacle.

"But, Alaric," Hannah replied. 

She knew that there might be some truth behind what Alaric had said, but Hannah herself did not want to believe it.

"It's true, you and I both know it," Alaric replied. 

"He would not have hurt you if had cared about you. Ever since he has come into town, he has been toxic, and he has made you lose focus," Alaric added on. 

When Hannah had thought back to the events before and after Klaus had come into her life. What Alaric had said was true, he was someone who was toxic to Hannah. She did care and love him at one point in her life, but she could not afford to feel that way anymore. 

Her children might be in trouble, and even though Hannah is doing all that she can to maintain some form of control and attention towards them, there is only so much that she can do. 

"You're right," Hannah replied.

Alaric had left the room and for some reason, Hannah's heart had dropped inside her. 

When Alaric had left the room, the heartbreak that Hannah had felt had made her realize that she was still in love with Klaus Mikaelson. 

Hannah now knew what she had to do, it was not going to be easy, but it was going to be worth it.