Epilogue

It had been ten years

It had been ten years. What had happened to Hannah and Klaus? 

Hannah had chosen to remain true to the vow that she had made, that she would no longer be with Klaus Mikaelson. Though, for a year during those ten years, she had broken it. 

She had believed that she could trust Klaus, and their relationship was going to well to some point. They were happy, and they were an odd family. 

Hannah, Klaus, Jace, and Hope.

Even though Hope had a mother, she was happy that Hannah had also taken the role of being her mother figure. 

Though, Klaus had realized what Hannah had meant in the sense of them not working together at all when they were dating. He knew that there were feelings present in their relationship, that was a given. 

There was no more trust between them though, they attempted a relationship, and it just did not work out in the end. 

"Hey Klaus," Hannah spoke with a smile on her face. 

He was standing at the door of the Salvatore school as he had a gift in his hands. Today was the day of Jace's birthday, and though he had grown up, Hannah had enjoyed having birthday parties for him.

She had felt like she was still a part of his life when she had these parties, that her son was not growing away from her, and leaving her. Everyone was there from the school, they had all known what today had meant to Hannah.

For some, it was a day where they had no classes, so they came to be in the good graces of their teachers. Though everyone was there, and that was what had mattered. 

"Come on in," Hannah said with a small smile on her face.

Klaus had walked inside and begun to look around at the decorations that were in place, and they had looked mature, sophisticated. There was a dance floor, and the kids in the school were all having a great time.

"Thanks love," Klaus said. 

He gave a small kiss on her cheek. This had begun to become their way of greeting each other, and they were happy with it. They weren't together, but it was these small actions that showed that they still cared about each other in the long run. 

Jace had then walked up to his dad, and Klaus had hugged him while smiling.

"Happy birthday Jace," Klaus spoke while giving his son his gift. 

Jace had smiled, it was nice to get gifts from his dad now. He had not gotten them in a very long time, and this time that they had together was making up for it. 

They had hugged once again, and Jace had moved back to partying with his friends. He was truly happy during the recent celebrations because he had his whole family with him. The hole in his heart was gone, and he was left with a feeling of constant happiness. 

When Klaus' eyes had moved, he had seen Hope and Alec dancing together. Hannah had not seen this yet, and just as she was going to tell Klaus where the rest of the Mikaelson family was, she saw what he was looking at. 

"Are you gonna be able to remain calm?" Hannah asked while laughing lightly. 

Klaus' eye had twitched in anger, but it was his son's birthday and killing the one person who is a brother to him would not be the most fatherly thing to do. Therefore, he had replied to Hannah  with, 

"Don't worry, I'll be on my best behavior," Klaus spoke while gritting his teeth. 

"Come on, let your daughter have her own fun for some time," Hannah said as she had pulled Klaus away from having to stare at his daughter dance with her crush.

The two had gotten champagne, and raised their glasses and spoke together,

"To us," Hannah and Klaus said.

They had clinked their glasses together and took sips from their champagne while staring at all the students of the school having fun.

"To many more years filled with happiness," Hannah said with a smile.

Klaus had nodded his head in agreement and the two of them had smiled at each other. They knew that they would be okay and that they would gain the happiness that they want.