18

Hope Mikaelson was going to start school, and the day was already not going well for her

Hope Mikaelson was going to start school, and the day was already not going well for her. She did not know why, but there was a group of four people who were staring at her as though they hated her, and also as if she was a specimen. 

Hope was a girl who had been sheltered for most of her life, therefore she was incredibly scared when she realized that her life was a little, unlike the movies. That what would happen in the school people would go up to her and they would immediately become friends. 

She was freaking out and clutching to her notebooks as hard as she could. Then, Jace had decided to walk up to her out of pity. Also, there was a sense of brotherly duty within him to protect Hope.

It was a given that Alec would follow behind Jace, the two of them were a package. If you get one, you will get the other.

"Hope, right?" Jace said in a nonchalant way. 

In reality, he had to know everything about her. His mother may not know this, but with the motivation to get to know his half-sister, he had looked through Hope's file. 

Even though the file had not given Jace much information on Hope's personality, the file had given him enough information to get a holistic view of her. Obviously, the parents had to fill this out, but there was some input from the student who was going to go to the school as well.

Therefore, Jace was confident enough to believe that the information that he had found would be more than enough to at least have some form of close interaction with her. 

When Hope had realized that Jace was walking up to her she had then gotten a huge smile on her face, she did not expect anyone to come to talk to her, and again that was on the basis of how people were acting at the moment.

Josie had also realized that it was ridiculous to act this way around her because she had no fault in the matter between her mother and Klaus. She was something that came from his infidelity, she did not cause it. 

Though, even though Josie had chosen to forgive Hope and accept her, it does not mean that Lizzie would as well. It was the exact opposite for Lizzie, she would not accept Hope into her life in any way, shape or form. 

Lizzie would not. 

Jace was protective over his mom, there was no doubt about it. Though, in this case, Lizzie was the more protective one. After seeing her mother cry after Klaus breaking her heart had struck something within Lizzie. She did not want to see her mom in that state ever again.

Therefore, not knowing where to put the blame, Lizzy had thus placed the blame on Hope.

"I'm Jace,"

"And I'm Alec, Jace's best friend,"

Jace had spoken first, and then Alec followed with his introduction.

Alec does not know why, but he did find Hope in a little bit interesting. She had piqued his interest, and from Jace's reaction, he was not happy about it. Hope also blushed a little bit, but it was not so evident that she was also interested in Alec.

But that's a story for another time.