❨30❩

♀︎

The jumbled thoughts swarming my mind are clashing and suffocating me, the underlying sadness and alcohol is definitely the worst mixture. My feet move on their own accord as I walk down the sidewalk away from the party, the music grows quieter by each step. A heavy pull at my chest halts my movements, it hurts so fucking much to 'breathe through the pain' as my dad always says. It's not that simple, dad.

Tugging at the roots of my hair I lean against a fence, tempted to sit down on the cold ground, but deciding against it. The desperation of my quick and breathy panting is clear, I'm hyperventilating, it's important to get a grip on myself right now. Giving up is far too easy, this fight is nowhere near done therefore my sanity has to be a priority. The pain will always be right by my side just grazing the surface, my dad won't always be here.

A figure nears me with fast steps and I straighten my back, showing weakness isn't the easiest thing. People will use it against you. It's so much safer to keep it to yourself, not telling too much to anyone.

"Dakota?" Elijah asks from the distance. My flee instinct kicks in as I start walking away from him, my mind is on the edge of a panic attack, him telling me how he just kissed Callie won't do me any good. "Hey!"

Even with my hurried steps, it doesn't take long before he grabs my wrist gently and turns me around to face him. His brows are furrowed and it annoys me how my breathing slows down immediately. "Can I help you with anything, Elijah?" The question comes off as rude, which honestly was far from my intention.

"You can start off by telling me why you're leaving so abruptly," He says, the playful side of him is gone and it scares me a bit.

"My mother wants me home."

"You keep lying to me, love," He states confidently. "Don't even think for a second you will slip a lie past me."

My frustration returns, "You and I don't know each other, we aren't friends. I don't owe you an explanation, at all. What don't you get?"

"You almost sound convincing," He steps closer to me, the green in his eyes intensifies under the street lamp and my body shivers by our proximity. "Let me break it down for you, love. We may not officially be friends, but how would you like to explain these feelings between us? Please let me know how you plan on justifying the almost stolen kisses, it's not as simple as us being just friends. It scares you, too, I can see it."

"Don't assume anything about me."

He smirks and I try to ignore the flutters in my stomach, "Don't keep lying to yourself then."

Annoyance washes over me, "One minute you drop everything to kiss Callie, the next you're out here pushing me for information on my life. You're so fucking frustrating!"

"And you are incredibly beautiful, are you done lying to me now?" His words are a physical blow to my body as I stop every movement and stare into his eyes, the shivers running through my veins know - he's right. The connection we have can't be put into words, it's more than some pathetic title of being friends. We are constantly struggling to stay away from each other when we are alone, this is something, something else, something more. "I didn't kiss Callie, by the way."

"Yeah sure, now who is the one lying?" I scoff to his blatant lie about not kissing her. "You don't know what you're talking about, Elijah," His eyes glaze over and I know he understands what I mean.

"I haven't kissed her, love," The honesty throws me off and for some unknown reason I believe him.

He steps closer again, our bodies touch and the friction provokes goosebumps to appear on my skin. The mint on his lips caresses my face, a silent promise, my eyes close on their own accord, and his rough hands cup my cheeks as he tilts my head upwards. My hammering heart is a reminder that this is real, he is really standing here and is as tempted to kiss me as I am to kiss him.

"Elijah..." I whisper and don't get to think twice before his lips softly meet mine, the light graze of tingles isn't enough for me. Grabbing his shirt, I tug him impossibly close and my lips meet his in a rougher manner, the unexpectedness provoking a groan from him and that sound alone is enough to provoke a flutter in my stomach.

His lips are soft, yet firm, moving perfectly against my own and as he asks for entrance. I don't think twice about giving it to him. His skilled tongue dances with mine, teasing me, a small involuntary moan leaves my lips and Elijah grabs my hair, a firm, sexy grip on my roots, without it being painful. The sensations running through my body are intense. My hands roam around his broad chest and down his hard stomach, he groans in pleasure.

His lips leave mine to kiss down my neck, small moans fall from my lips as he teases my sweet spot. I'm suddenly very thankful that we are in a dark and secluded space behind a tall fence. My hands tangle themselves into his disheveled hair as I guide him up and our lips meet again, he presses me against the fence, out tongues fight for dominance. This is exactly what I've been waiting for.

His hands hoist me up by my thighs, my legs immediately hooking around his waist. The kiss isn't interrupted by his bold move and my hands tug a little rougher at his hair. "I'm so fucking lucky," He groans before closing the distance between us again. The fence is cold against my bare back, my backless shirt has no mercy on me, but having Elijah between my legs, rubbing against my throbbing core distracts me from the coldness.

"I have to stop myself, love," He whispers against my lips and guides me down onto the ground again, opening my eyes they meet his intense gaze. My stomach is in a tight knot by the obvious need and lust swarming through my body. He grabs my hand and starts walking with me next to him, his rough hand envelops my smaller one and my mind feels too much for him suddenly. The confusion is still very detectable in my mind, but it's clear he had to walk away before he went too far. Not that I would have minded, not at all actually.

The cold air slaps me back to life and I take this opportunity to interlace our fingers, a small smile falls onto his swollen lips and I bite my own to hide mine. We walk in comfortable silence, glancing at each other and trying to control our goofy grins.

The nightly air is fresh and cold against my heated cheeks, the safety of having him next to me like this feels absolutely incredible. My lips tingle by the kiss and I smile lightly by the feeling, Elijah means more to me than I would ever dare admit. He has wormed himself into my mind and I'm feeling things for him I have never felt before, there is a sudden need to have him in my life and it scares me so much.

Before I know it, we're standing in front of my house and Elijah follows me up to the porch where he pulls me by my hand into his chest and hugs me. Taking a deep breath, I enjoy having his muscular frame pressed against my body like this. He is such a safe space for me and a sigh falls from my lips by our proximity. He grabs my cheeks again and leaves a small kiss to my swollen lips, my stomach erupts in flutters and I smile as he pulls away.

He takes a step down the stairs and smiles at me, "Thank you for tonight, Dakota," The huskiness to his voice is ruining me and it only intensifies the pressure between my thighs.

"Thank you for tonight, Elijah," I smile suggestively and walk into my house with the biggest smile on my lips. Nothing can ruin how I'm feeling right now.

********

Lovelies, it's my birthday today 😍