Forbidden Fruit

He is sweet and than he is sour. Like a kids candy. And just alike candy the taste is getting addicting. I began to want him around me, even if I know I shouldn't.

Its an early Sunday morning and a light breakfast is being made. My aunt smiles as she hands me a plate of breakfast. Yet, she only begans to brighten her smile wider when she hands Felix's plate to him.
"Eat up you two."
Felix replies, "Thank you ma'am, it looks great." She nods happily walking back into the kitchen. After shes out of sight, I lightly whisper over to Felix in a annoyed tone.
" Tell me why your here."
"First of all, I actually enjoy human meals. Secondly, I just have a feeling you can't get enough of me. Therefore Im here and joining you for church services"
"Wait I thought you can't go into churchs?"
"You watch too many movies. The only thing is that, I can't stand hearing what comes from them. Like the music and such. It's not that I'll disintegrate or whatever they put in your head, I just feel uncomfortable and I get very irritable."
"Of course.."

Suddenly, my uncle walks in with a soft smile.
"Good morning!"
"Morning." I replied.
"Are you ready to finally sing?"
"Not really.."
"Its great the Pastor understands your situation.." he says with a smile.
"Uncle?" I asked.
"Yes?" He takes a sip of his orange juice.
"Can I not do it?"
"You already promised. No take backs."
"But-"
"Zoey. Please do it this once. For her."
"Ugh..."
Felix chuckles, "I think you'll do fine!" I roll my eyes.
My uncle smiles, " Im so glad you have friends like Felix and Rose. Its so nice to see you smile agian."

To elaborate, My aunt and Uncle have no idea that Felix is apparently my fake boyfriend. They have no idea he technically lives in my room. They don't really know anything other then that, Felix, is my bestfriend who occasionally joins us on Sundays. Felix, like he always does, manipulated their understanding. Except it's a little different from that of the people at school. Those at school think we've been together for 3 months.. While my Uncle and Aunt on the other hand, don't have a clue. He says he did this because different people have different reactions to certain situations. Which is true, because my family is agianist the idea of me dating boys.

My uncle speaks agian, "So, I won't be at church today."
"Why not?" I ask.
"Im visiting your mother at 10 am this morning."
"Your not going to bring me or Aunt Kate?"
"No. They are just giving me a list of updates and things like that on her. To see if she is doing any better.."
"I see.. I hope I get to see her soon."
"I know kiddo. You will."

~ Church 9:00am ~

The hour begans with a lecture. A study of the gospel. However, the lecture felt weirdly and purely targeted towards me.. So thats my devine sign, huh? Surely there is definitely no going back. Is this sudden feeling regret? The feeling Felix warned me about? Maybe so.. This lecture was going on about Hell. How scary and torturous it was. That the worst kinds of pain come from it. They added in how the Devil himself is always leading us into temptation to be dragged down into that horrible place. In my case, it wasn't exactly the devil, it was his son..
All that talk of heaven, hell, and such made me think of the sin I've committed. I surely called out to the wrong side the more I pondered on my situation. There as I sat Thinking, I stared into the statues of Jesus and Mary blankly. Was it truly too late to ask for forgiveness? I wondered if I should have truly just killed myself instead.. And here it is the regret. Im starting to think if everything was truly worth it anymore. And to be honest its not because of the changed up life I lived now. No, I still hated it. It was something more powerful than my own existence. Something was slowly changing within me. Burning brighter than sun and breaking the walls I had once set... I could feel it now, such a weird feeling. What could this be?
"Now Zoey Cross will sing for us today! Please come up my dear!"
I stood up and walked to the front. Slowly, I looked towards the crowd of people breathing in. Before I knew it, My voice echoed off the walls. I closed my eyes listening to the soft melody of music. After singing out loudly, only minutes into the song, I began to glance at faces until my eyes landed on Changbin's. He sat gracefully behind Felix looking ever so holy in pure white clothes. Stunningly, his white iridescent wings flicked as he watched me intently and his hands were folded together as if he had been praying. The black haired boy softly smiled a sad smile moving his lips to mouth the words, "Im Sorry." After so, He begins to get up walking out of the buliding. On the otherhand, Felix sat still coldly staring at me, his eyes glowing red and his arms crossed. His persona looked so damn demanding and so effortlessly surreal. Felix looked as if he was in deep deep thought. Since he can read feelings like a book. He probably thinking about my varipus emotions, picking them apart like hungry lion eating its caught prey. Maybe he knows... I know he knows.