Blood in the Water

My bath water is warm. But not as warm as the hand that held mine. Felix. He sat outside the tub with one arm stretched out as far as he could to reach my left hand. The boy insisted to stay telling me he'd never leave my side. He's acting so strange.. I told him I wanted to be alone. So he compromised by sitting out side the tub in silence. Well not in total silence, for his deep breaths made it clear that he was still here.

Sighing I look up at the cieling.
"Haechan, huh?" I mumbled softly to myself.
The demon who is to be my personal hell as the Devil had told me. A place without Felix. A place worse then this life I lived. It scares me that I know nothing more then that. If I do choose my Uncle, I'll have that boy Haechan to tournament me. I wonder what things he has in store for me. However, if I choose Felix... What will my uncle think? Should I just trust Felix and follow him?..Or Just walk away. I mean Felix was always a liar. So I guess there's no difference in where I end up..
I close my eyes and hum softly swishing my legs at the water. That is until I felt a hand grab my leg as well as a puff of hot air hitting my face. Slowly did I open my eyes. And there in front of me was Haechan. Just hovering over me with dripping wet hair and clothes.

"You called me?" He whispered. I look over to Felix who couldn't see anything.
"Your in a dream world.. You can speak."
"Dream world?"
"We all have our specialties. And mine is Dreams."
"Im sleeping?"
"Yeah pretty much. But it doesn't mean that this is isn't real... Im just being  cautious.."
"I see."
"Anyways, why did you call me? And so soon after we met. You must already like me, huh?"
"No. I just mumbled your name.. Didn't think anybody would here."
"But I did." He smirks, "You called me without a reason... But I see your already naked for me.."
"Fuck you."
"Hey hey. Watch your tone with me." Haechan says grabbing my jaw.
"Tsk."
Haechan looks down at my body.
"Your very well made.."
"I dont appreciate you looking at me.." I snap.
"Whats your name? I never caught it.." he says running a hand down my side.
"What are you doing?"
"First your name.."
"Zoey."
"Zoey....." Haechan smirks wickedly.
"Yeah. Now stop touching me."
" Your no fun.. " he pouts gripping my legs.
"Hey-"
"Come on let me have just a taste.." He starts a trail of kisses down my neck and stomach. Oh no.
Panicking, I snap my head to my hand and squeeze it into a fist tightly. Even if it was a dream world, I hoped Felix could feel my grip onto him. Maybe, it could wake me before Haechan got his way. Suddenly, My body thrashes forward. I look in front of me to see no one there.
Hes gone..

"Zoey?!" Felix calls, "What's wrong?"
"N-nothing. I, I just had a bad dream.."
"A dream?" He questions lightly opening the curtain to reveal his face.
"I got too comfortable and fell asleep.." he squeezed my hand.
"Your stressing yourself out by worrying.. We will be fine. Don't worry. "
"Of course." I sighed softly as he stared at me.
"Can you not look at me while I'm like this?.." I blushed covering my chest.
Felix chuckles looking down softly touching the water with his finger tips, " I don't see why your worried now. I've seen you like this so many times..." he looks back up piercingly.
"It's still embarrassing.." I say softly.
"Of course.." he smirks splashing me before laying his head on the side of the tub. I rolled my eyes at him and I look at the spot Haechan once was. It was frightening the way he had appeared. I was expecting him to show up like that, so suddenly.. I was truly fucking with the wrong side. No matter where I turn, theres always going to be lies and sin. Especially when it came to Felix. He knows his clients. He knows me too well.

Skip to Monday~

It's like people know.

They just know I'm tainted. All of them stare as if They knew I fucked around on that site. The hallways to my locker are all to jumbled with people that stared. Maybe I'm just paranoid. But I could feel eyes. The eyes of judgement.
"Zoey!"
"Rose."
"I tried calling you this whole fucking morning."
"Really? I didn't get any notifications.."
"You didn't?" She glares at Felix, "You."
"What did I do this time?" He rolls his eyes.
"Ever since you walked in Zoey hasn't been the same."
"Isn't that a good thing? Wasn't she depressed before I came into the picture!? You should be thankful." He shouts, which grabs the attention of a crowd of students.
"It doesn't matter. Zoey isn't Zoey. You took my best friend." She shouts.
He gets into her face, " Don't think your all innocent Rose. I know you slept around with Zoey's ex last semester. I know you ran around telling everyone she was a slut and satanist. Your the reason her life is shit. Even now you've spread rumors about her and me. Don't get all protective over her now just because you can't fuck with my head too. Best friend my ass."
"Rose... You did all that? I thought I could trust you?" I grabbed Felix's arm softly pulling him back towards me.
"Well you were getting too popular. More then me, what was I supposed to do!? Besides it's not too far from the truth anymore. I mean look at you. Your fucking the devil's son."
"Go to hell." I say gritting my teeth.
"Guess I'll see you there." She snaps.
With that I walked off into the art room with Felix behind me.
"Zoey." Felix called out. I look back at him with teary eyes.
"What?"
"I... I.."
"Just finish your job already and stop giving me false hope." I walked back to my covered canvas trying not to cry.
"It's not false hope.." he states softly.
"How did you figure out Rose?"
"Ive read some files on everyone your associated with. I do that with all my clients. Though I will admit, I went  a little too deep on researching you.."
"I didn't know any of that had happened..."
"Forget them. You have me. You'll always have me..." he points to my covered canvas, "Did you finish it?" He asks walking behind me.
"Wouldn't you like to know?" I scoffed.
"Yes I would.." he says softly.
I sighed watching people walk into the art club room.
"Well, it is finished , be prepared to cringe..." I lightly grab the end of the cover with both my hands. Slowly I tugged on it until it finally revel my whole creation. It was no longer that white canvas that frustrated and distracted me. It was more then that now. It was art.

"Why did you decide to draw this?" He questions.
"Changbin gave a suggestion. So I mixed it with a dream I had a week ago. It's probably why I've been getting stares now that I think about it. This painting really fed Rose's rumors.. Most Christian girls here painted flowers or crosses, but I painted this..."
"You, you made this?" He asks a bit taken back.
"Yep."
Faintly, a sense of despair filled my stomach as I looked at that painting of mine. It was Felix carrying a person in his arms. That person was draped in a cloth covering their face and body. The cloth was pure white, except some parts were soaking in blood. The bold blacks and grays mixed so well with it all. And his dark wings and horns glistened perfectly matching the dark deadly atmosphere. It wasn't perfect, but to me it signifies the inevitable path of doom I had awakened.
I then looked down a bit embarrassed to have shown him my work. Because it was him. I hoped he didn't see it as a sign of love. For it wasn't. It was the sign of Death. My death.
"Zoey... this is really good." The art director says as he comes up to me with sparkling eyes.
"Is it inappropriate?"
"Art has no boundaries. Sometimes it's meant to spark conversation and make you feel a little uncomfortable.. What is it called?"
"I don't know yet.."
"Pray for me." Felix says.
"What?" I look back at him.
"That's what it should be called."
Ten smiles, "That's a good Idea. It's different.. It implies a lot for the viewer. You could see it as a demon. Or maybe someone with inner demons. Maybe he's carrying himself?  Good job Zoey. Also, Felix you better get to class."He pats his shoulder before walking away.
"Of course sir. I'll see you later Zoey." Felix says kissing my cheek before leaving me.

"Ladies and gentlemen please get seated. If you are finished with your final project your are able to leave for study hall."
The class gets their stations ready. Some leave. Some stay and ponder at their works just like me. However, Those various voices of the students and the tapping of brushes were all voided out of my mind, no matter where people went. I was in deep thought. That is until I hear my name. I snap my head around looking for the person who had called my name.

"Zoeyyy~"

It was a calm voice similar to Haechan's. However, after a couple of minutes the voice changes owners.

"Where are you? I need you. WhY did YoU FOreSakEn me ZoEy. Did you NOT LovE me, your Dear UnclE?" I began loosening my breath. Stop that. Stop fucking with me.
" Save me. SaVe Me.. SAVE ME. IT HURTS. The FLAMES ZOEY. THEY HURT." I tried to block it out with my hands to my ears. But it didn't work. I could still here my uncle screaming. That is until he stopped. And my ears filled with a high pitch ring. With that being said, I grabbed my things and headed out into the empty halls. The ringing had stopped as soon as I stepped out of the art room. Quickly, I headed into the girl's bathroom. It too was empty alike those halls. It felt like time had stopped everywhere. It felt like I had become a ghost. In the stinging silence, My sharp breaths were the only things echoing across the room. Slowly, I placed myself in front of a near by mirror looking at my face.

He is here.

"I know your there, Haechan." I shouted at the mirror.
"I just wanted to know your decision." He states walking casually out one the stalls.
"Yes."
"Yes to what?" He says a bit frustrated.
"Tell your king I'll agree to the fucking deal. Only if you do me a favor." I look locking my eyes onto him through the mirror.
"What do you want?" He asks now smirking widely.
"I want to see my mom..."

Author's Note:

Hello!!! So I know I'm not keeping up with giving you guys enough chapters... I just have been getting extremely unmotivated. However, I will try my best to finish this story til the end. I apologize yet again for the inconveniences!! Do Not worry there will be more chapters out very soon! Being that I decided to pre-write to see where I want this to go. ( Meaning that there is currently 4 chapters in the drafts right now!!) 😅 Tell me what you think so far!!💕

~ Skzenie
Aka Chloe🌻.   06/26/20

Ps. I may have errors here because I am kinda rushing this chapter's editing. Just so that you all may have something to enjoy:)