Chapter 5

Previously!

"Young Lohenian is here not only as a student, but also as a sidekick here in Japan!" Midnight yelled.

"And Young (L/N) is only here as a student!" You felt irk marks appear on your skin at how lame you sounded. 'Great... Thanks Midnight...!'

"And now, to finally let our contestants decide who will be able to attend U.A.," You and Alexis both prepared your bodies for the oncoming brawl as Midnight neared the end of her speech: you on the defense and Alexis on the offense. The air stood still as Midnight looked at you both before finally bringing her hand down,

"Begin!"

On to Chapter 5!

Once Midnight's hand was brought down, the match had suddenly gone ablaze.

Literally. 

Already knowing your opponents first moves, you leaped to the side of the arena as a sudden tsunami of fire had appear in front of your eyes. Using your arm to shield your face from the unbearable heat that carried with it, you listened as a wild cackle erupted from Alexis. "Well I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with how fast you moved, rat!" You knitted your brows with irritant as she called you a rude name as Present Mic's voice boomed over the arena. 

Hearing the heavy stomps quickly coming towards you, you now jumped back in order to avoid a wild flaming punch from the war-driven fighter. Avoiding her attack swiftly, you watched as her fist made contact with the ground. And with piercing eyes that looked into your own astonished ones, her wild grin that she had at the start of the match only grew even larger. Taking a few steps back, the white line that outlined the fighting box had entered your peripheral vision. 'Shit!' You yelled in your mind as you found yourself now boxed in between receiving a blow or leaving the match all together. 

"Ohohoho! It seems that the offensive Alexis has cornered the defensive (F/N)! What will they do!? Will they give up or go on the offensive instead?! Who knows!" Present Mic's voice bouncing in the air. 

Clenching your teeth and staring at your opponent, you watched as Alexis put out the fires that enveloped her hands with her eyes closed before looking up at you with a shit-eating grin. 

"It seems like we're about to witness a trade! Not the most exciting, but definitely a change of pace for our festival!" A mixture of boo's and gasps followed promptly.

Opening her palms out to the side of her, Alexis spoke with undying confidence, "Ya'know, (L/N)... We both already know who is gonna win this, now don't we?" Your hands quickly turned into white fists in reaction to her words, making her eyes slightly squint towards you, daring you to try something. "Don't give me that expression, rat. You know that I could easily win this thing even if you went all out. I've always bested you, remember?!" 

"It seems that our competitors have some nasty history with one another! How deep does the wound go for these two, young hero's!?"

A flinch had overcome your body as she lunged her body forwards near the end of her sentence, now standing in front of you. And following that flinch, your body had moved on its own. Your foot gravitated upwards and begged to be put down behind the line, but you quickly halted such an action. 'Disgusting! Am I really that afraid of her?! No! I'm not! I'm not afraid! I know this!' Closing your eyes while facing the ground, you began to yell in your mind. Alexis merely cocked her head to the side with a confident aura surrounding her. Victory never seemed so close. 'It doesn't matter about what happened in the past! The only thing that matters right now is winning this fight!' Your body became tense as you began to dive into your thoughts. 'The only thing that matters now is becoming a pro hero!' The bubbling of excited electricity began to nip from under skin. 'The only thing that matters...' With brimming, newfound confidence, your eyes screamed for war, surprising your opponent, 'The only thing that matters is to fight with all I've got!' 

With a swirling power that entered your entire body, you felt the sudden surge of energy enter your floating leg as you tensed it. With a violent movement forward and with great accuracy, you nailed your foot underneath Alexis' chin. 

"Woah! Young hero (L/N) has suddenly gone rogue! It seems that this fight will be a lot more exciting than we thought!" Now wild screams and hollers of excitement filled the area. 

And as fast as the solid kick came, Alexis forced her head back down as swirling flames of pride surrounded her palms. "You think you're that good, huh!? Well then, allow me to put you in your place!" Using your other leg, you directed the remaining electricity that you had in your body to the bottom of your standing leg in order to launch yourself up in the air. But never leaving unscathed, your war-driven opponent's quirk had eaten away at the bottom of your uniform, now exposing your ankle with burned edges surrounding the bottom of your pant leg. 

Clicking your tongue in the air and landing on the ground with ease, you furrowed your brows as you watched your opponent turn herself towards you. The raging fire that she had surrounded her body with only yelled trouble. "Fine..." You looked with unease as she began speaking. "If you really want to make this a battle," the red hair that sat comfortably on her head slowly began to rise, "then bring it on!" The raging flames began to consume the ground; making haste to your frame. 

"Ahahaha! The battle has finally begun! Who will win!? Who will lose?! This is a battle of the Titans! The Titans of White River High!"

A/N

Please accept this filler chapter! I felt like this would be a good cliff-hanger for this chapter, so my apologies if you didn't like it!

I'll be back next time with another chapter! Oh, and thank you for those for giving my story a chance to blossom! I really do appreciate it! 

Have a splendid whateverthetimeisforyourightnow!