Chapter 8

Previously!

Huffing for a brief moment before holding the concrete barrier once more, the bright girl now set off a new burst of excitement in her. 'I'll make sure I bring the best out of you, (Y/N)! So you better have your ears open!'

With an inhale fueling her lungs, her voice bounced into the arena.

On to Chapter 8!

"Hey!"

The sudden eruption of Sarah's voice boomed into the arena catching the ears of not only you and Alexis, but the rest of the crowd as well. With your unsure eyes gravitating to your own friends face, your pupils couldn't help but widen. You were almost certain that all four of them were unable to attend your fight, but there they were: Staring at you with blasphemy and worry. 

"What do you think you're doing laying on the ground like that!? The (Y/N) I know doesn't get all shy whenever they're sparring!" The girls discontent revealing themselves through her voice. The colosseum fell silent as everyone's eyes and ears now focused on her.

"You're stronger than this! You weren't named a Titan for no reason, (Y/N)!" Sarah's eyes focused on your own intensely, hoping that her message was flowing through your ears and heart. "You showed excellence among those who pretended to be greater than they actually were! You showed everyone at White River that you were not a person who would hide in the face of danger! You faced dangers with fearlessness and indomitable power!" Her volume increasing as she continued to yell into the battle arena. 

But as your friend continued to try and get you back up on your feet, Alexis' own mind knew what she was trying to do. "Damn you..!" Wasting no time to try and subdue you, the warrior opponent sent her quirk into full-throttle, gathering the remaining flames that still existed on the dominating pillars. Catching your opponents quick movements, you quickly began rising to your feet once more. 

"Keep moving (Y/N)! Don't stop moving until you win! This is an opportunity that's ready for the taking!"

Like a chain reaction, the catalyst being Sarah's words, whips of fire now licked the ground from where your legs now previously stood. "I wont let you win, you cheeky shit!" Fueling the flames excitement, another crude crack struck the ground as the embers growled. With your eyes beginning to sharpen and your body now thinking on it's own, you realized her movements had hastened and become sloppy; a last resort to try and finally subdue you. 

"There's no use in standing down! There's only one thing left to do!"

Alexis ignored Sarah's words and focused on catching the one opportunity she had as your eyes stayed on Sarah, 

"Ultimate move,"  the singing of air could be heard as air rushed in through Alexis' teeth,

"Ultimate Flame Tornado!"  

With sparks quickly beginning to dance around your body and flames coiling around Alexis, a heat wave was suddenly released from her body and the sparks that built themselves around yourself had now erupted into sudden, ominous flames that converged into a single entity. With arms spread wide and the heat radiating from the flaming tornado warming the colosseum in the middle of the arena, "Try and get out of this one! I fuckin' dare you!" She hollered through bared teeth as you now stood in the eye of the raging storm. 

With the searing flames of the heat reflecting themselves in your (e/c) eyes, faint memories of your past now began to slowly creep up. With the ferocity of the flames dancing to their untouchable song, your eyes began to become puffy and eyes becoming redder. But never from the immense heat. Don't tell me that she's using that other move as well... 

Outside of the roaring flames, Alexis stood with pearly teeth and arms pulsing with veins. With the sweat dripping from her forehead and speaking breathlessly, "Now for part two..." Forcing her arms to widen even more before her own quirk, her eyes revealed their ferocity and widened in the final effort to finally win the battle, "Second ultimate move..." 

"Phoenix Memories!"

With the gasping of the crowd evident of their surprise for a student to already have not only one, but two, ultimate moves be performed, the fired up opponent looked to the sky with satisfaction. "I'll win... I'll always win..!" Her breaths short and chest heaving. 

"What a miraculous performance by White River High's pyromaniac! Things are really beginning to get heated up now! It's said that Miss Alexis' second ultimate move, Phoenix Memories, is one that she specifically tailored to the lightning Titan, (Y/N)! Will (Y/N) be able to walk after this move? What a cruel fate!" Present Mic's voice exciting the crowd.

Inside of the eye of the tornado, you could hear the commotion outside. The intensity of the flames were all too familiar to the ones that you once encountered before. The heat, the color, and it's very presence all resembled the ones that had enveloped your home. Sudden memories of the disastrous event were almost as if at your fingertips once more, a dangerous reenactment of events.

You felt goosebumps on your skin as the very emotion of helplessness began setting on your nerves. You shook your head slowly as your lip shook. This isn't fair. This isn't fair!  Your voice yelled in your mind. You felt as if you were being cheated by some sick game, a toy that was being made fun of in front of thousands. Emotions of anger, resentment, revenge, and despair sat on your heart as you began to take in shaky breathes. With your emotions causing sparks of electricity to fly from you, you were helpless in the triumphant hands of the fire.

But someone else wasn't.

A/N

This universe keeps plaguing my mind and I can't sit down and write it! It's so annoying yet its so thrilling to create images in my head! But its now even more annoying because I can't make these moments impactful enough! 

 A N G E R Y

Have a wonderful whateverthetimeisforyourightnow!