Prologue: Lover Boy

May 1, 1964

John's POV

"John Winston Lennon, you're insane," Paul said bluntly, looking at the velvet box, surprised.

I was smiling. "Oh, Paul," I said. "We've been together for almost three years. I love her. I need to show her that. I want to show her that."

Paul nodded. "Look at you, Lennon." He snorted. "All grown up! All teary-eyed!"

"I am not!" I retorted with a sheepish laugh.

"You are!" He howled with laughter. "All over a bird!"

"Shut the fuck up," I mumbled, snatching the box back from him and snapping it closed, stowing it back away in my pocket.

"I'm kidding," he said defensively, putting his hands up in mock surrender. "And what exactly does Brian think of this, then?"

"Bloody hell, he looked like he was going to murder me," I mused. "But I won him over in the end." Pride.

"Well, congratulations, John," Paul said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't congratulate me yet," I said. "And don't tell anyone either. Nothing is set in stone yet."

"John, this is Donna Epstein we're talking about," he said with a snicker. "You really think she'd say no to you, John Lennon?"

I rolled my eyes. "You're lucky I don't kill you, McCartney." I shrugged. "You never really seem to know with her."

"That's a fair point," said Paul, nodding. "Well, then, best of luck to you, lover boy."

Author's Note

Here's your tease! I'm so excited to get back to work on this and I have sooo much in store for our lovers eheh I hope you enjoy!

Without further adieu, I present It's Only Love :)

~Lilly💝