chapter 16

At night, Jannat changed into her night clothes and stood near the bed looking at Zaroon. " where will you sleep? " she asked.

Zaroon smiled and got up " don't worry, I will sleep in the room next to this."

He left after taking his night clothes. Jannat sighed and laid down.

Next morning, Zaroon woke her up and told her to get ready for college. After freshening up, she headed downstairs with Zaroon. Caretaker served them breakfast, but she was picking on the food more than eating it.

"Jannat, eat properly. If you are not liking it, I can have something else made for you. " Zaroon said looking at her plate.

" No, its fine. " Jannat said but still just picked up on her food.

"Ask what you want to Jannat. " he said with a sigh.

"When will you talk to dad?" Jannat said looking down and biting her lips.

"He is out of country right now. I will talk to him once he is back. " Zaroon told her.

"He is not in Pakistan? " Jannat asked sadly.
Zaroon turned towards her completely and touched her hair. " My wicked beauty, you seem to forget that I love you, this eagerness to return is painful for me. " he told her the truth smiling.

Jannat quickly averted her eyes." I - I don't want to hurt you. " she said hurriedly.
" Finish your breakfast. " Zaroon told her.

They went to the college together, Jannat tried to make him drop her outside of the gate only. But he didn't pay any attention to her. He stopped the car in the parking lot only.
Thanks to god, no one saw her getting out of Zaroon’s car. She quickly went to her class without looking back. Zaroon only shook his head smiling.

As Jannat entered the classroom, there were sudden whispers and snickers. Jannat ducked her head down and took a seat.

In break, it was Maria, who talked to her before she could leave the classroom.
"I heard; you have snatched Zaroon away. You didn't even think about your cousin, what a witch you are. " she said with a shark like smile and left.

Jannat felt like she would end up falling on the ground. She didn't have the courage to go to canteen and face everyone there, when she knew what all the gossip was about.

Zaroon waited for Jannat to come to the cafeteria, but when she didn’t, he had to go to her class. He hadn't heard anything, because no one dared to question him. But he had definitely noticed the constant looks. Hassan hadn't come to college yesterday as well, so he also didn't know what was going on.

Zaroon entered the classroom and saw her sitting, weeping alone. The sight broke her heart. He quickly went near her.

-------------

Assalamu alaikum friends! heres the update .