chapter 26

Next morning,both's eyes were red ,but neither tried to look in others eyes .they had breakfast and continued with the day .

Jannat didnt have anything to do ,no friends to talk to .She went to his room and took the perfume bottle .She knew it was the one he used daily .She prayed it on her wrist ,hoping that it would give her the peace his scent gave her .The peace she craved more than anything at that moment .

She inhaled the scent , but it only brought tears of frustration in her eyes .It wasn't quite same .It didnt smell like it did on him .It didn't hold the peace he gave her .

She returned to her room, thinking about her emotions .Friends weren’t supposed to feel like that.
A few hours later ,Jannat went down .only to see the helper making tea in hurry .she looked worried.

"What happened ?" Jannat asked her .

"Mr Shah is having a headache. He is getting angry over small things. I made him tea but he said its too sweet  . Now I am preparing it again ."
She told Jannat .

"Give it to me "Jannat said and took the cup .
She went to his room only to find him laying on the bed messaging his forehead with one hand .
He opened his eyes and saw her " You didn't need to get it " Zaroon said .
" I wanted to " Jannat mumbled and placed it on the side table .

" Do you need something else ? " Jannat asked wanting to massage his head ,give him some relief .

" No ,nothing from a friend " Zaroon said and looked away .Jannat felt something break inside her .She felt like he had slapped the word ,she had used continuously for him .She left the room on dead feet .

Zaroon took the medicine and closed his eyes ,trying to relax himself for an hour or two .Around 4 pm,he went downstairs ,only to find out ,Jannat hadn’t eaten too .

He went to her room to call her down,only to find her reading a book .
" You should have already eaten " Zaroon said going near her .
" I wasn’t hungry" Jannat said looking at him .His eyes mirrored hers .The same red filling his eyes which were filling hers .
" Come ,lets eat now " Zaroon said .
" I am still not hungry " Jannat said , Zaroon looked at her for a moment and then turned to exit the room .but  Jannat stopped him holding his wrist .

She pulled him back to face her .Zaroon faced her questioningly and it was enough for Jannat .
She held his shirt ,shaking him ." Why !why are you doing this to me ? " She asked.

"What have I done ?" Zaroon asked not stopping her assault .

" You know I cried, but you don’t make me stop . " She said still crying . He didn't say anything just looked at her with pursed lips .

"Make me stop ,Zar . Make me stop ."she said putting her head on his chest .

" Why do you cry ? " Zaroon asked still not touching her. His reluctance to touch her wasn’t unseen by Jannat and it made her cry harder .

____________
Dasa he ishq ne mujko

Mere jazbaat neele hen ....
______________
Salaam readers ! Another update .