Chapter 3

"Marinette, Arthur, there's someone here asking for you two." Marinette's mother yelled out from the first floor.

"Who is it?" Saber asked.

"Someone named Minami."

"Minami Tohsaka?" Saber looked to Marinette.

"Has to be," Marinette responded.

Minami Tohsaka sat on the couch with her Archer servant. The man introduced himself as Adam Tohsaka, a friend of Saber while Minami introduced herself as his wife and cousin of Saber. There was something about servants and pretending to be lovers in that war. 

Archer seemed disinterested in anything Marinette's parents tried to give him. Minami, on the other hand, was eating a cookie with chocolate chips in it. She apologized for starting a fight in the middle of Paris, she thought it would be a quick fight and didn't think Lancer would show up. Saber asked why Lancer went after Archer and didn't show any interest in fighting the others. Minami, not wanting to reveal who he was, said he probably saw Archer as an easier target than Saber. Archer looked uncomfortable when Minami talked about Lancer, it was clear he didn't like being seen as weaker than other servants, or perhaps there was more to their relationship than their one fight. 

Minami stopped when she felt Archer stare her down and decided to change the subject. She wanted to talk about the war, however, she didn't want Marinette's parents to know. She asked for them to leave, and when they did, she put her elbows on the table and rested her head on her hands. She was getting serious. She and the other masters had set up a meeting place in the museum at night long after it closed. Thanks to some work from Assassin's master, they knew how to get and out without anyone knowing they were inside. Minami gave Marinette a keycard, it was a one time use since security was likely to improve thanks to the attacks. 

Marinette left the house with Saber and without her parents knowing. She stayed in the alleyway as Saber held onto her hand while she made her way to the museum. She used the keycard and the door slid open, there was no one there, at least from what she could see. She was startled when a tapping heard; she turned to see someone was in the other room. Minami popped out from the corner and dragged her in. There were six servants with some masters.

Berserker, a girl with red hair that covered her eyes and who wore a white dress with a black veil and metal boots. And Assassin, a little girl with white hair, green eyes, and wore a black cloth over her body. The only two who hadn't yet made a proper appearance in the war. Assassin looked right at Saber and smiled at him, she was familiar but he couldn't figure out why. Then he remembered the person who attacked him on the first day he was summoned was an Assassin. She was the same person, which meant one of her abilities was to make people forget about her when she left their sight.

The six servants gathered in a museum at night after hours; Assassin had taken care of the cameras so that none were recording them. However, out of the six servants, only three masters were present. Marinette, Saber's Master, Minami, Archer's Master, and a man, Rider's master. Tsubasa Matou was his name, the older brother of Ari Matou, and who took over her role as Rider's master after she dropped out of the war. He had short purple hair that covered his left eye with matching eyes and a rose earring that hung from his right ear. He wore a long-sleeve button-up black shirt, grey pants, and black boots.

The masters stayed on the outer circle as the servants created an inner circle to speak. While Rider wanted to fight head-on, Saber was much more cautious. Assassin even agreed with Rider that a full-on attack would work the best against Caster. Berserker didn't have much to say beyond shaking her head or growling, while Archer and Lancer only glared at one another until Minami broke them up. Unless they were going to work together as a team, they had to stay separated.