Chapter 17

"Tomorrow your parents will come down to talk about what they do in their career." Miss Bustier announced.

"My parents are in Fuyuki," Ari said as she raised her hand.

"Can they call on video?"

"I think so...they can do it in the morning."

"Then you'll go first. Anyone else has questions? Mizukume?"

"My parents are dead," Tamamo said.

"Tamamo!" Adrien whispered.

Marinette and Arthur went home, while Marinette was fine with having her parents go to school with her, Arthur wasn't so happy with Merlin going along. She had been a nuisance ever since she arrived in Paris. She and Arthur spoke in his room, they thought of careers she would have. She wasn't much of a chef, she had never touched a stove in her entire life, she didn't garden, play instruments, or anything at all.

The only choice Arthur thought of was to pass her off as a magician, she was a Caster servant, so it wasn't farfetched. He told her not to use any spells that would indicate she was a servant or gather the attention of other the servants. Especially that of Ruler, who was awake and cleaning up some of Jack's mess. If she got wind of any dangerous magic going on, there would be no end to her lecture.

"My name is Sakura Matou. I work with the Mage's Association and that's my brother back there." Sakura said over the video and she pointed to her brother, Shinji, who was putting books on a shelf.

"Can you tell us more about yourself, miss Matou?" Miss Bustier asked.

"Well, I do some book work, my husband teaches at Clocktower and..."

"Not again!" Shinji fell off the ladder when he was trying to reach for a far spot, he landed in the pile and Sakura had to cut the call to help him.

"It could be worse," Rider commented. He saw that Ari had her face on the table, "you could be Arthur."

"Not another word from you!" Arthur yelled.

"Speaking of Arthur, is your mom here?" Miss Bustier looked at Arthur.

"Regrettably," he said, making the class look at him with confusion.

"Hi kids! I'm Arthur's mommy, but you can call me Lin!" Merlin stormed into the classroom to make a huge entrance. She was dressed as a magician with a black top hat, suit, skirt, and boots.

Arthur slammed his head on the table and whimpered as she took off her hat and pulled out flowers from it. The class was impressed, except for Chloe, who scoffed at the tricks Merlin was doing. She kept pulling flowers from her hat and answered any questions the class had for her. She was happy to be there, well aware that Arthur was crying at that point.

Something crashed outside and Merlin instinctively summoned her staff and changed into her clothes as a servant. That gave the kids even more questions and she tried to cover it up with anything she could. Alya leaned over to Marinette and pointed out Arthur wasn't even looking at what was going on. He was too embarrassed to move.

Miss Bustier had to get the students to move on and went to other families that were present. Chloe had brought her mother, who bragged about her work and the magazine "Style Queen". She spoke more than the other parents did and tried to make herself stand out as better than the others, something that was common with that family.

Miss Bustier had to stop Audrey from continuing, or else the class wouldn't have any time for anyone else. Audrey lowered her sunglasses to get a better look at the teacher. Merlin put her staff between the two, she had a serious look on her face that told Audrey to back off. She was like Arthur in that way, she had a presence that made people back down instantly and wasn't afraid to face someone head-on.