Chapter 9

"Where do you think you're going, master?" Saber caught Marinette as she tried to sneak away from him on the way to school.

"I can't have you always watching me at school," Marinette sighed.

"What if Caster struck the school? Or Assassin went after you? You're not a skilled mage, you can't handle them yourself."

"I'm going to school, Saber."

"And I'm coming with you."

"No, you're not, go occupy yourself with something else."

"Yes I am," Saber said confidently. "I am going everywhere with you, to school, to wherever your friends take you, and home. You are not getting rid of me."

"I said no," Marinette crossed her arms.

"And I said yes."

"Saber."

"I am going to follow you everywhere and you're going to deal with it."

"Saber."

"Okay, not everywhere. But definitely school."

"Saber."

"Okay, to and from school."

"SABER!"

"God damn it! Why can't you let me protect you?!"

"Because I'm not a baby. Now go do something  else."

"You win this time, master."

"No Arthur?" Alya asked as Marinette sat down at her desk.

"I told him to occupy himself with something for the day."

"What do you think he's doing?"

"Beats me."

Saber paced around the church while Shirou cleaned the glass. Servants typically went there when their master was out or didn't want extra company. It was Saber's first time being told off, so he didn't know what to do with himself. Shirou suggested he take a walk, or go window shopping, or help at Marinette's house. Sticking around the church was also an option if he wanted to head Shirou's rambling.

Shirou had an entire grocery list that he needed to complete and wondered if Saber would help him. The other servants hated doing his grocery shopping and it was unknown what he did with the groceries when one of them caved in and bought him groceries. He was never caught eating or feeding someone else, except for the one time Ruler caught him throwing bread to pigeons and the police had to chase him away.

Saber reluctantly left to see the views of Paris. He eventually ran into Luka and they talked about Marinette. Luka was quite fond of Marinette, perhaps even jealous of Adrien. Arthur himself was fond of Marinette, but more like an elder brother type of fondness, despite his position as her "fiancé", he didn't have anything more than affection as a servant towards a master. From his physical form, he looked no older than eighteen or nineteen, perhaps sixteen if he wanted to stretch the truth. So, it was easy to pass himself off as her fiancé.

Luka talked about how he first met Marinette, she was helping his sister with an upcoming concert and went to see him. She stumbled on her words just like she did with Adrien and he found that funny. Both had similar interests, they enjoyed music, art, and hung out often when they had the chance. Luka went to a different school, but it didn't stop him from meeting with Marinette and her friends when he had the chance.

Arthur commented on how it made sense he and Marinette got along so quickly. They shared more than one look at each other, which was more than she had with Adrien. Then again, that was coming from a man who had the body of a teenager, his mindset was similar to them, but his experience told him that it was childish to fall in love quickly without getting to know the person.