Chapter 4

"I had this amazing revelation," Alya said as she walked Marinette and Saber down the museum hallways. "Remember what I said about heroes and the miraculous? Well, I believe Arthur Pendragon was a superhero."

"Seriously Alya, does it ever occur to you that superheroes aren't the answer to everything?" Saber sighed.

"And what do you know about King Arthur huh?"

"Enough."

"Look at this Marinette," Alya pulled Marinette to show her Excalibur. "What if it is actually one of the miraculous?"

"Alya seriously. This is a formal report, isn't it? Shouldn't you be studying facts and not speculating what the sword is?"

"Okay, tell me something you know for a fact."

"Like what Alya?"

"Who was Mordred?"

"Hm." Saber didn't pause after that and immediately started in when he heard the name. "You mean the GOOD FOR NOTHING son who betrayed his own father, led a STUPID rebellion because he couldn't take NOT being king and CRIED about it before he died? THAT Mordred? Wouldn't know a thing about him."

"You have a lot of pent-up...something."

"I get that."

Saber walked over to another painting while Alya and Marinette took a while to process what he said. Alya didn't know who Saber was, only that Marinette summoned him, so she didn't know Saber was the man she was reporting on. And that she should have listened to him on the superhero part. But Alya was the type of person to say what was on her mind before she thought if it was right or not.

Saber walked over to a painting of Mordred, a man with short blonde hair, red armor, and a grim look as he stood over a battleground and held a sword up to his face. That was the Mordred Saber knew from his past, and the same person who led a rebellion against him. Saber went to the next painting and paused; it was a painting of Merlin. An old man with a curved hat and blue robe holding a staff.

He was dumbfounded at the painting and didn't know what to think about it. Alya approached him and wondered what was wrong with it, she didn't think it was off from how Merlin looked in the history books. Marinette whispered to him, asking him if that was the Merlin he knew. He shook his head, Merlin took many forms, but nothing like that. The words "your dependable big sister is here to help," were in his head at the mention of Merin's name, and he shuttered.

Marinette's phone suddenly rang, and she picked it up; it was Minami. Minami was calling about Caster's master. She wanted to see Marinette in person to talk about it privately; there was a place she and the other masters found that was perfect for their meetings. Marinette put her phone away and told Alya that they would continue their research another day, there was something she needed to do.

Marinette and Saber met Minami Tohsaka and Tsubasa Matou in the sewers with their servants. According to Archer, it was a place where no one was or would think to look. Minami told them about Lila being the master of Caster; a regular high school girl was the master of Caster, one of the more dangerous of the servants. The Grail had a record of bringing in random people to fill the ranks of the masters, and since there was a lack of masters in Paris, the Grail chose someone at random.

Marinette was the one who freaked out the most. She knew Lila and knew whatever Lila had planned was bad news. Lila was a pathological liar who put on a nice facade to trick people into liking her. Minami backed up what Marinette said, she had Lancer talk with Lila and with his skill to detect lies, helped them figure out what type of person Lila was.

However, Lila didn't seem like the type of person who would order Caster to attack people, so that was fully Caster's decision. When Archer spied on her, Lila showed no signs of knowing what to do with Caster, less who about Caster was. Even if they did go after her, they couldn't get anything from her about how to stop Caster. Shirou and Ruler were no help either, they didn't want to spill any secrets about the other masters.