-

"So? How do we do it?".
"How do we get to know each other for real, you mean?".
"Yes".
"Starting from the top, of course!".
"Like the day we were born?".
"I didn't mean to go that far in the past, you dimwit!".
"I was joking, you dummy!".
"Har har har. You were born to be a comedian, why are you wasting your time playing superhero?".
"Because life is unfair. Come on, Doll, don't be so biting: we've just reconciled!".
"I'm still mad at you, you know. It takes more than a few nice words to mend the tear".
"I know. But...we just admitted a serious sentimental involvement toward each other, right?".
"Yeah, so?".
"Let's start to make it better, then".
"You're right. Anyway, I believe it would only be fair if you were to start".
"Fine. Can I...say anything that comes to my mind?".
"Of course, babe. Whatever you feel comfortable with, I'll be listening".
"I'm sort of...fond of my siblings. Sometimes. But our relationship doesn't truly feel like company to me".
"I'm so sorry to hear that, love".
"What about you? Are you an only child?".
"Oh, no, I've got two brothers and two sisters! I come from a numerous family too".
"Gee! And are your sisters as fetching as you are? Because if that were the case...".
"Don't be an idiot and go on".
"Okay, okay. Uh...I've got a massive sweet tooth, but you probably already knew it...".
"I do. Next".
"Bossy, aren't we?".
"Don't get whiny, you like it!".
"I might".
"Come on, Five, tell me something new!".
"We have a maid, at the Academy: she's a machine and her name is Grace, but we call her Mom or Mother. She named us - you know, gave us real names, before then we were just numbers - but I flat-out refused the one she chose for me and asked everyone to keep calling me Number Five".
"Why?".
"Because she is not my mother, and what's the use of a name if you don't even have real parents to call you by it?".
"I understand".
"Besides, once 'Number' gets left out, 'Five' works just fine. What about your mother? Was it her who picked your funny name, in the end?".
"I wouldn't say so. I've got two dads, babe".
"Oh. I hadn't...".
"It's fine, we've never talked about it".
"...how do you call them? To distinguish, I mean".
"Dad and Father. Another one?".
"I've never kissed a girl who wasn't you".
"...and yet I couldn't have said! You must be talented...".
"You think? Why don't we practice some more, then? Help me improve my kissing technique, baby...".
"Oh, Five!".

Hello everyone! I'll steal only a few more seconds of your time to say a couple of things about how I'm managing the drafting of the plot :)

There will be several of these unnumbered parts, scattered here and there between the rest of chapters, that will be written in this particular style to emphasize the intimacy of the dialogue between Marben and Five.
Lastly, although I've read the comics I try to put my story closer to the show, so that's why I chose to make Five receive a name but also refuse it.

I hope you continue to like this little story :) Thanks for the attention!