-

"Whatever is your father scheming...I have some news".
"Tell me, then".
"I'll be Leader, at the concert. It means I'll be of reference for the whole orchestra to interpret the Conductor".
"First Chair, you mean then".
"...I don't know, is that how you yankees call it, these days?".
"Har har har, yes, the yankees call it First Chair!".
"Very well, at the concert I'll be First Chair, then. Now I speak like a native!".
"Whoa...sounds like you really are getting somewhere, honey! I mean, it's a huge goal, isn't it?".
"Yes...yes, it is".
"And are you happy about it?".
"Very much. Just a little nervous, though".
"I'm so proud of you...so very proud".
"Thanks, Five, it means a lot to me".
"Will your parents be there?".
"No. They're going to visit someone I don't wish to see, that evening. So nobody from my family will come to the concert".
"...you'll have me, honey. I'll be there for you only".
"Thank goodness I've got you. Anyway, being First Chair also means being the one that gets to shake hands with the Conductor and...who sets up the evening".
"Shit, that'll be that dick of my Father!".
"I'm seriously considering the idea of punching him in the face, instead of shaking his fucking hand, maybe you should worry about his safety...".   
"Ooooh, I would give a hand to see that happen!".
"Rest assured you wouldn't be the only one, join the queue. Now stop being an idiot, this time I've got a serious question to ask".
"Oh...ok, shoot".
"How are you?".
"...you're not talking about my scratches, I'm coming to understand...".
"No, I'm not. Please be serious, love".
"I'm...coping. I guess. Working it out. Some days the guilt is the worst, other days, instead, it's like sadness, anger and unfairness won't let me breathe...and...it's so fucking ironic, but I feel completely powerless!".
"It must be horrible...".
"Yes. But what bugs me above all it's that that piece of shit of my Father it's gonna use what happened to get us even more famous!".
"It really is despicable, of him. But at the same time wouldn't it be a good thing, if people started seeing you just like the kids you are?".
"We'll never be 'just' kids, Marben".
"Alright, that you're not infallible, then. People think you're above everything...but you're not! You guys are human beings who were born with some abilities outside the norm, but apart from that you are flawed like everyone else!".
"Your point being?".
"People have to understand you can fail. Or get scared, sad, angry, demotivated or disappointed. Because you're human like them".
"Those men would still be alive, if we hadn't failed".
"No. No, Five, they would have died anyway, and you know it well enough to stop blaming yourself for what had been inevitable. Cut the crap".
"Mphf. Easier said than done, when you didn't see it happen".
"I'm not scolding you, sweetie, believe me. I only have your best interest at heart, and I'm asking you to stop wondering about what could have been gone differently. It's...poisonous thinking, and you'll never get rid of it, if you don't convince yourself that what happened was ugly and unfair, yes, but. Not. Your. Fault".
"Why do you speak of it like...like you knew how it feels? Did you watch someone die?".
"I...no. No, I didn't. But it kills me to see you haunted by it, so...I guess it's probably the same".
"...if you say so. Can we not talk about it anymore, please?".
"Of course, my dear. Just...promise you'll try to let it go?".
"I promise".
"Thanks".
"Thank you, Peaches. I love you".
"PEACHES?".    
"Yup. Don't think I forgot about 'Sweet Cheeks'!".

A/N: Hello everyone! How are you faring? I hope you are well and that nothing bad will happen, neither to you nor to your loved ones. As we're lately getting used to tell each other, here in Italy, it's gonna be alright. Stay strong! :)