Chapter Four

Dana: omg y/n I totally know who gave you a ride home last night!! Xx

Y/n: how ?? it's defo not what you think x

Dana: bring your stuff in my room you can get ready for class with me. i want to hear all about it ;) Xx

I begrudgingly grabbed my clothes and headed for Dana's room. She opened the door with a grin, pulling me inside.
"Listen Dana-" I start with an exasperated smile.
"You did not strike me as the type to be into bad boys. But I totally respect it." She seemed so excited, I almost felt bad knowing I'd have to explain what really went on. "Props to you for getting a ride home with Nathan Prescott! He's top of the food chain. And pretty hot. So what happened? Did you kiss?"she was almost jumping up and down with excitement. How she had this much energy this early in the morning was beyond me.
"No, of course not, nothing like that."
I explained to Dana that he bumped me in school and confronted me at the diner. She seemed a little disappointed, but amused nonetheless. "How did you find out anyway?"
"Well Juliet's a top notch reporter, so I asked her to do a little digging after how sketchy you were acting yesterday. She called Zachary and Zach called Logan and Logan said he saw you and Nathan together through the Two Whales window yesterday! All snuggled up in a booth together too." She said with a cheeky smile.
"Yeah, like I said, it wasn't like that. He doesn't even like me, let alone date me. Please don't tell anyone though, okay? He wanted to keep it on the down-low and I don't want him to be pissed at me again."
"Of course. I can't believe you didn't tell me though! Pinky promise if any other sexy guys give you a ride home you'll tell me...?" Dana was so endearing I couldn't say no to her.
"Pinky swear. Now I have to dip or I'll be late for my first design class!"
"Okay, okay. You're totally coming to the next Vortex Club party, now I know that you're in with all the cool kids though." She said laughing.
"Don't make fun of me!" I said giggling along with her. "And we'll have to see about that party," I answered, grabbing my school backpack. "I'll see you later Dana."
"Bye sister!" She said as I made my way out. That girl was a riot.
~
My design class went well. Maybe the chaos from yesterday inspired me somehow, because I really felt at the top of my game. I spend the hour drawing out some concept art for characters in an open world adventure game, ending the lesson satisfied. But my God, I had needed to pee the entire time, but was too nervous to ask. If I was quick, I could run to the bathroom between first and second period, I thought. So that's exactly what I did.
I was washing my hands, relishing in the fact that I hadn't peed myself on the second day of school, when Nathan Prescott blundered into the bathroom.
"Hey this is the girl's room," I said. The casual way I addressed him seemed like a big mistake when I saw that he was shaking with rage.
He grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me against the back wall. He kept me pinned there as he continued with his meltdown, grasping me so hard it hurt.
"You think you're solid for getting a ride with me huh? Been telling all your little dyke friends?" What was he talking about? I was sure that Dana wouldn't have told anyone else... would she? I looked at Nathan perplexed and horrified as he continued, spitting with rage. "Well let me tell you whore, you're not. And no one will ever, ever give a fuck about your bitchass, let alone me, or the Vortex Club. You're lucky I'm not suing your ass! You do realise I could make your life a living hell right? Right?!"
He looked down at me, hyperventilating. I was in complete shock for a solid ten seconds before tears started rolling down my face.
"I- I didn't-," I whispered struggling to get my words out. Nathan released me and stormed towards the door, still fuming. He kicked it open and was gone before I had a chance to explain myself further.

I sunk down against the wall, unable to stop myself from silently crying. What the fuck. I hadn't told anyone and I didn't care enough to. Now Nathan was sure to make everybody else hate me too right? Oh God, why did I accept that ride off him? Of course it would come back to bite me in the ass. I sat on the cold floor paralysed, dwelling on the terrible impact this one boys rage could have on the rest of my time at Blackwell. Finally I gathered the strength to get up and walk to the mirror. I tried to hide the fact I'd been crying before heading off to my next lesson.
~
"You're late, Miss (y/l/n)."
"I'm sorry," I mumbled trying not to make a scene as I sat at the back of the classroom. I couldn't concentrate after what had just happened. I looked around the class as people started to get on with their assignments. I couldn't help but feel everyone was talking smack about me. My eyes fell on Victoria. She looked at me and then turned back to her friends to whisper something. They all laughed, making my stomach turn. She looked to me one last time to blow me a kiss. I burrowed my head in my text book, trying not to cry.

By lunch I was a paranoid mess. I sat under a tree on the front lawn, mindlessly scrolling through my phone to distract myself from everyone around me. I didn't even think I could talk to Dana, because for all I knew she was the one who spread the rumour that Nathan drove me to school in the first place. What was I going to do?
"Hey," Max came and sat with me under the birch. "Are you okay? You seem quiet."
"Yeah, I-I just-"
I broke down. I cried to Max, telling her everything that had happened with Dana, Nathan and Victoria.
She put her arm around me as a hugged my knees up to my chest. It was comforting to feel like someone really cared.
"So Nathan's mad because he thinks you're showing off to everyone about getting a ride with him?"
"Yes, but I didn't I promise Max. The only person I spoke to about it was Dana."
"Do you really think Dana would do this to you?
It doesn't seem like her."
"I don't know.... I don't know what to think.."

Max hugged me tight. "Don't worry okay? I'll do everything I can to fix this. I don't like Nathan Prescott and I don't think you should have got in his car, but it tears me up to see you like this. I bet Dana would never do anything to make you feel this way either. I'll do some private detecting for you, just stay strong for the rest of the day. We can fix this together y/n, I promise."
It warmed my heart so much to hear that. I could seem to get any words out so I just clung onto her even tighter to show my appreciation. She probably couldn't do much to help my situation, but I appreciated her support nonetheless.
~
Dorms, 9pm

Y/n: I don't know what anyone's told you but I promise it's not true. I never told anyone I was in your car. I literally don't care enough to tell anyone. Please believe me.

Unknown sender: delete this number skank

I threw my phone onto my bed with frustration. There was no point messaging Nathan again, he obviously wasn't going to change his mind. Tomorrow was going to be even worse if the rumour had spread that I was some wannabe Vortex Club member who spouted shit about being in a Prescott's car. How had this happened?