Chapter Eight

I woke up in my bed, still in my dress from the Vortex Club party. What had happened last night? Oh God, I'm going to boff, I realised, jumping up and sprinting to the bathroom.
Luckily, no one else was in there to hear me spill my guts. I felt gross. What time was it? It was light outside and I could hear birds chirping. I formulated a plan in my mind: go back to my room, pull myself together and find out what happened and how I ended up back here. Then I would take a shower.

I entered my room and checked my phone- it was  10:47 am. Yikes, kind of a lie in. I didn't have any messages since the ones I'd sent to Max last night. What had happened? I contemplated this mystery in my mind, when I noticed a jacket on my desk chair. It wasn't mine, but I certainly recognised it. It was Nathan's.
Oh fuck. What the hell went on last night?! I didn't remember anything since walking away from that table lined with shot glasses. I looked at myself in the mirror. My smudged makeup barely covered the huge bruise on my face. Now that I noticed it, I realised how much it hurt. Had Nathan done that? Max and Kate had warned me he was dangerous! Or maybe it was Hayden? Maybe he got mad when I wouldn't kiss him? My mind raced, not helping with the headache I already had from being hungover. All I knew was that Nathan had definitely been in my room last night. I sat on the bed, trying to calm myself down while I text him.

Y/n: what happened last night? your jacket is in my room. i don't remember anything.

I sat anxiously and waited for a reply.

NP: meet me in the parking lot @ 10 again, i'll explain. bring my jacket, i want it back.

Could I really wait until 10pm for answers? Was it even safe to meet this guy? God knows what he could have done last night. I put my head in my hands and tried to calm myself down. I'd be okay. I just had to go take a shower, get dressed and see if Dana knew anything.
The hot shower made me feel like a whole new person. I probably caused a small water shortage I was in there so long, but it was necessary in my opinion. I stepped out in my towel, only to be greeted by possibly my least favourite person; Victoria Chase. She saw me through the reflection of the mirror she was admiring her own beautiful face in.
"Oh hey, y/n. I bet you had fun last night. I will be honest, I do think you were acting like a total slut. I guess going after one Vortex Club boy wasn't enough for you, huh? I mean, after Nathan rejected you for perving on him in the diner, I guess Hayden was the next best thing. Who next? Logan? He'd be easy, I guess." she continued, sniggering. "Hell, maybe even easier than you."
I stood there, in my towel with dripping wet hair and huge mascara streaks, in awe of how despicable this girl was. Had something really happened between me and Hayden?
"I'm not easy." we're all the words I managed to conjure.
"Right, okay," she said laughing. "I'm going to meet Nate now. See you around slut."
~

"Hayden? Yeah I know him."
I'd met Dana at the Two Whales Diner, and was gorging on a strawberry and chocolate waffle while trying to unravel what happened last night.
"Would you say he's... nice?"
"Sure. I've always gotten along with him. I doubt he's the reason for the bruise on your face, if that's what you're getting at."
I sighed and took a sip of my tea. "I just don't know what to think. You didn't see me at all after you went off with Trevor?"
"No, and y/n, I want you to know I really feel awful. I shouldn't have left you on your own like that, I was being so selfish."
"It's cool, don't worry about it. I just want to work out what happened after I passed out." I pushed a strawberry around my plate with my fork. "Do you think Nathan...?"
"Honestly, I don't know. Do you want me to come with you when you meet him tonight? I know he can be kind of an ass, but I'm really not sure he'd do anything to hurt you... or, you know. Touch you up."
I shuddered at the thought. I didn't think he would either, but the only way to be sure was to speak to him tonight.
"I'll be okay on my own. Just, keep an eye on your phone, yeah? Just in case I text you."
"Of course."