Chapter Fifteen

"Y/n. Y/n! Wake up."
I opened my eyes, disgruntled, and looked up. Nathan leant over me. "Come on we're back at school."
"Oh sorry," I yawned, coming to my senses and sitting up properly. Ow, my neck. Sleeping in the passenger seat hadn't exactly been comfortable. "I didn't mean to fall asleep. How long was I out for?"
"About an hour," Nathan replied, smirking at me. "You snore like a fucking pig."
"I know that's a lie," I said laughing and picking our empty McFlurries up to throw in the trash. Nathan got out of the car and I followed him promptly. We were in the parking lot, but no one would see us considering how late it was.
"My legs hurt from walking around all day," I whined casually as we both snuck back over to the dorms.
"Lazy motherfucker," said Nathan, and before I knew it he had hauled me up into a piggy-back ride. I laughed as he trudged along, weighing him down with the immense amount of pasta I'd just eaten.
"Thank you." I said in his ear.
We reached the door to the dormitories and he plopped me down.
"Let me walk you to your dorm."
"It's fine you don't have to-," I began.
"No I insist." He replied, steering me in the direction of the girls corridor. We walked quietly together, not wanting to wake anyone up. We'd be in big trouble if we were caught out this late last curfew.
I reached my door and stared at it bemused. Graffiti letters, in black sharpie were sprawled across it.
GOLD DIGGER
"What the fuck?" I sighed.
"Shit, I'm sorry." said Nathan. "It's Victoria, she-"
"Oh." I cut him off. "Of course." So Nathan had told Victoria he was taking me out... I wondered what she'd said about me in response. She was such a bully, what did he see in her? And why was she so jealous?
"Listen, I know she-"
"Don't worry about it. I'll clean it off tomorrow. I just want to go to bed right now." I tried the door handle. It wouldn't budge. I shook it and looked up at Nathan. He tried too, with a far more aggressive technique. The door remained stubbornly closed.
"You know who's done this, right?" I said, frustrated at Nathan's choice in company. He didn't reply. "I'll go wake Dana up, she-"
"No! Don't. It's really fucked up that Victoria's done this, I'll talk to her. Just... stay with me tonight." He said, frantic.
I blinked. "Stay with you?"
"Yeah, come to my dorm. I've got a couch, I can sleep on there and you can have my bed." He noticed my skeptical look and his bashful demeanour took a sharp turn to a confrontational one. "Hey y/n, if I was going to touch you up I would have done it after that party, okay? I'm not like that."
"I know, of course not. I just... don't want to get in trouble."
"I'm not forcing you. Wake up your friend if you really want to."
Nathan's leg bobbed up and down on the wall as I considered his proposition.
"I'll come with you."

Nathan's room was polar opposite to mine.  Dingy, edgy, and full of expensive shit. I followed behind him nervously, looking around. That familiar scent of aftershave and marijuana immediately greeted me. A huge shelf of DVDs was near the window and a poster for a tv show was the only pop of colour. Other posters included artsy photos of models tied up.
"Kinky," I remarked with a nervous giggle. He also had a projector, casting the screensaver from the computer on the desk onto the wall. There was a double bed, and as promised, a black leather couch opposite it.
"You can steal some clothes from my dresser to sleep in, I don't care which. I'm going to go take a piss so go ahead and get changed." Nathan instructed, leaving the room.
I shuffled through his draws. It felt so wrong wearing something designer to bed. I settled on a white Champion t-shirt, that wasn't too egregiously expensive. I stripped off and pulled it over my head. Way too big. But cosy, and it smelled good, like Nathan. It didn't look like he had any shorts.... oh well. I was comfortable enough around him, and the t-shirt was big enough to cover my underwear anyway.
Nathan knocked quietly before coming in. He almost sniggered when he saw how his T-shirt swamped me. "Cute."
"I couldn't find any shorts or anything..." I said, a little embarrassed.
Nathan shrugged. "As long as you're happy, I don't care. I usually just sleep in my boxers," He said approaching the dresser himself. I drove away the intrusive thought that dared me to tell him to do the same tonight.
Facing away from me, he took his jacket and shirt off, throwing them on the floor. He pulled out a t-shirt, but turned his head and caught me looking before putting it on. "Enjoying the view, pervert?" he grinned maliciously at me.
"In your dreams." I said, swivelling around on his bed cross legged as he took his jeans off. He turned the light off and walked over to the couch, laying down in t-shirt and Calvin Klein boxers. I made a conscious effort not to look at them, not wanting to be called a perv for the second time this evening. He looked good though.
"Chuck me a pillow?" He commanded and I obliged. I then pulled up the covers and got into Nathan's bed.
I lay there, unable to go to sleep despite feeling massively tired. Staring up at the ceiling, I reflected on my situation. How the hell had I ended up in Nathan Prescott's bed? I rolled over, and saw Nathan in the corner of my eye. He wiggled around uncomfortably. The couch was too small to properly accommodate him and the leather must have chaffed his bare legs. Not to mention he didn't have a blanket...
"Hey, Nathan?"
"What?"
"You can sleep up here with me if you want. You don't have to stay on the couch."
He sat up. "Are you sure?"
"Yeah, of course. There's easily room for both of us."
He traipsed over, pillow under his arm. He lay down next to me, not getting under the covers. I felt more relaxed with his presence. His body heat and familiar smell made me feel... at home, somehow. I rolled over, our backs now touching slightly through the covers. Content, I fell asleep, Nathan Prescott at my side.