the name lestrange

"AT LAST, FATHER IS DEAD," Rabastan Lestrange says once he and his sister arrive home

"AT LAST, FATHER IS DEAD," Rabastan Lestrange says once he and his sister arrive home. "Shut it Rabastan, he's right there," Cecilia points towards her father, who stands tall beside their mother. Rabastan turns to Rodolphus, "You lied," Rabastan grits out. Their older brother shrugs, "I needed to get you two here," he says before walking inside. 

"I don't get why you hate father, he's-"

"Finish that sentence, sister, I will hex you," he sneers before walking inside their manor, her following closely.

"Why have you brought us here, couldn't this have waited until Christmas break?" Cecilia asks her parents. "I'm afraid, this could not have waited, dear, when he comes in you know what to do," their mother says and Cecilia looks at her twin brother in confusion. Their mother gave them both a hug and a kiss on the cheek like she does every time they come home.

She stands beside her brother and father as the twins stand in front of the dining-room door. Voldemort walks through the glaze wood doors, the atmosphere thickens and it was suddenly so hard to breathe. 

He walks in front of the Lestrange twins, both children bowing their heads in respect. "You should be honored," he tells them, it sounded like a whisper, a hiss, but it bounced off the walls- it was clear. "I have chosen the two of you for my project," he says and Cecilia's heart began to race, when she is scared she reaches for her twin's hand. She was too scared to even move.

"It is time that the young ones have to join my army. We will slowly plague Hogwarts, do you decline this honor?" He asks, looking straight at Cecilia. She turns to see her older brother nodding, their parents doing to the same. "I will," Rabastan says with a blank look on his face, he extends his arm and the Dark Lord looks pleased with his answer. 

"It will be painful," he warns before placing his wand onto Rabastan's arm. Cecilia's twin flinches out of pain, a yell of pain escapes his mouth as he falls to the floor, Voldemort removes his wand as Rabastans stares at his marked flesh. "Now, Cecilia, join my ranks," he commands and she gulps, not knowing what to do. "Join my ranks!" He yells in her face as he picks up his wand, the chandelier falling onto the table. 

"Just do it, Ceci," Rabastan whispers and she looks into Voldemorts eyes. "No," she sneers and he glares at her. "Avada Kedavra!" He yells, she closes her eyes, expecting herself to get hit, but she felt no pain. 

"No!" She hears her father yell, she opens her eyes to see her mother on the floor, dead.

"Join my ranks or your oldest brother is next," Voldemorts threatens her, her eyes filled her tears as she slowly extends her arm. 

She felt nothing when he placed his wand on her forearm. Her mother was dead, it was all her fault. She will never receive a hug from her as she did only a few moments ago, she will never have a mother to turn to in a time of need. All she has is a strict father and two brothers who might just hate her forever. 

"Good choice," he whispers and he leaves, tears fall from her face and her father grabs her harshly by the face. "No one will save you now," he yells in her face before throwing her back. He grabs his wand- pointing at her tear struck face. Rodolphus stands in front of her as she sobs, Rabastan holding her as she falls to the floor beside him. 

"Move out of the way boy," their father sneers and Rodolphus stayed put. "You will not hurt her, it's disrespectful to mother's wishes," he says and their father glares at him. "Fine, then it is you who gets punished," he says and Rodolphus was quick to act, grabbing his wand, "Avada Kedavra!" 

Their father falls to the floor, "Finally," Rabastan mutters and Cecilia rests her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry," she whispers and their older brother crouches down in front of them. "Don't be, we have no other weaknesses besides each other but I promise he will not kill us," he says and Cecilia thought of her friends. "I have weaknesses, at school," she whispers and he opens his mouth but nothing came out.

"I leave for 2 hours and there are dead bodies on the floor!" They hear Bellatrix yell, the Lestrange siblings stand up. "Wife," Rodolphus mutters bitterly. "Husband," she sneers back, Rabastan rolls his eyes, "Gross." Bellatrix scowls before looking at her 15-year-old brother and sister in law. 

"No, they joined his ranks before I did?" Bellatrix yells as she grips onto their arms, the death mark. "Please, Bella, we are more popular than your family," Rabastan tells her and she growls. 

Cecilia looks at her family portrait, the picture was moving, she and her brother were pulling on each other's hair as her father and Rodolphus stand behind their mother. She was sitting down as the twins were on the floor. Every year the Lestranges had a portrait made, it started with just Esther and Bernard Lestrange, then Rodolphus joined, a few years later the twins did. They hung in the large hallway, it was arched and had gold encrusted on the ceiling. 

She walks to their last family portrait, it was made during the summer before her 5th year. Her mother sat in her chair, her father stood behind her, Rodolphus stood beside him. Cecilia propped her elbow on her mother's lap as Rabastan stood behind her. They each looked so happy, Cecilia looking at her mother, smiling. 

Cecilia sighs, looking down. "Don't blame it on your self, Ceci, c'mon, let's asks Freger to take us somewhere," Rabastan offers and she nods. "Anywhere but here please."

"Have you received any word from Cecilia?" Marigold asks the two Hufflepuffs. Cygnus pops a caramel candy in his mouth, "Nope, nothing," he says and Marigold sighs. "Should we be worried? She and her brother left quite urgently," she says and Casper pats her back. "I'm sure everything's okay," he chirps and she sighs. 

"I just have a bad feeling."