sneaking around

"CASPER, THE ROOM'S ON FIRE!" Cygnus yells and Casper wakes up with a gasp

"CASPER, THE ROOM'S ON FIRE!" Cygnus yells and Casper wakes up with a gasp. Cygnus laughs at his friend, "You always fall for that," he says and Casper groans in annoyance, "What time is it?"

"7, we need to leave," Cygnus said as he got off his bed. "One day I'll suffer and die of a heart attack if you keep scaring me awake," Casper laughs out and Cygnus rolls his eyes. "C'mon, let's go," he says and Casper groans into his pillow. 

"I miss Cecilia, when is she coming back?" Casper asks his friends as they pass a couple of Hufflepuff's in the lounge. "Tomorrow, I can't wait to ignore her again," Cygnus cheers and Casper huffs. "I just need my wing woman," he says and Cygnus stops his tracks. "You are not still going after Theodore Wood are you?" Casper scoffs, "Never again mate, that's why I need 'lia here, she helps me find good people," he replies bitterly as he thought of his old fling. 

Theodore Nott, a 6th year, Casper was foolishly in love with him but Theodore never returned the favor. 

They walk into the hall, half the Rebels sit at the Slytherin table. "Is Marigold sitting on...Regulus' lap?" Cygnus asks him in disbelief and Casper looks at the pair in surprise. "I refuse to get used to that," he says and Cygnus nods before walking towards them. 

Cygnus and Casper on Olivia's side as they sat across Regulus, Amoria, and Marigold. "Reg, let me introduce you to my favorite duo, Casper and Cygnus," Marigold motions toward the two Hufflepuff boys. Regulus looks at all her friends before looking up at his girlfriend. "So this concludes the infamous Rebels," he says and Amoria clears her throat.

"We aren't Rebels without Cecilia, you know, Rabastans sister," she says and Regulus' eye twitches at her. "Right, well breakfast is served, shove it all into your mouth and don't talk to me," he says and she glares at him. "Don't talk to her like that Reg," Marigold tells him and he sighs.

"No, I get it, he hates both me and James because his brother chose the Potter family over his," Amoria sneers and he shoots daggers at her. "I am glad that you took him, he's-" Regulus stops himself. "You can keep that bastard," he whispers and Amoria's features soften.

Olivia rolls her eyes, "Talk about awkward, Regulus, have you heard anything about Rabastan and Cecilia?" She asked him, leaning closer to the couple. "I can't say that I have," he fibs and Marigold looks at him, knowing that that was a lie. 

It was Cecilia's last day of being free, there she stood outside of the restaurant where she met up with Jacob. He walks up to her with a smile on her face, "How did it go last night?" He asks her and she sighs. "Got yelled at, cried myself to sleep, my eldest brother forbid me from coming back here," she tells him and he bit the inside of his cheek, taking a step back. 

"You told me I'm worth it, you're worth losing everything I know and grew up with, I-I like you a lot Jacob," Cecilia Lestrange tells him and Jacob grew a small smile. "I like you too," he whispers before gently grabbing her face and pressing his lips on hers. Their lips move in sync as Cecilia wraps her arms around his neck. He does the same, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist. 

They heard a flapping of wings making their lips part from each other. An owl, Cecilia grabs the letter and she starts to open it as Jacob tries to touch the wise creature. "Jacob, I know this owl, this one's feisty, she's going to bite your finger off," she warns him with a smirk on her face. Jacob blushes before putting his hand down. Cecilia looks down at the letter, taking in every word. 

"Who's it from?" The American boy asks her and she shakes her head. "My friend from my school, he told me everything that's going on over there," she says and Jacob held in an eye roll as he sees her smile at the letter. "You sure he's just a friend?"

Cecilia looks up at him, "Casper doesn't like women," she informs him and visible relief. "What was he saying?" 

"You wouldn't understand," she teases and he scoffs, trying to battle a smile off his face. "You're cute Jacob," she tells him and he presses a kiss on her forehead. "And you're gorgeous."

"Can we go somewhere, I won't be seeing you for a while," she tells him and he nods. "I'll take you anywhere you want."

"Regulus, what's happening with Cecilia and her brother?" Marigold asks Regulus as they walk to their Potions class, Amoria and Olivia trailing behind them. "It's not my place to say anything, Cecilia will tell you when she comes tomorrow, I'm sure," he tells her and she nods. "I hope everything is okay with them," she says and Regulus said nothing. 

"Are you okay?" She asks him, holding his hand, rubbing circles on the back with her thumb. He looks at her, hesitating before nodding. "Regulus-"

"I don't want to talk about it Mari," he sparks out and he stomps into class. Marigold's friends stood beside her, "I don't know what you see in him," Olivia mutters, eyeing Regulus with distaste. "You know he isn't that bad 'liv, he's going to be good to our Goldie," Amoria comments as they enter the class. Marigold shakes her head as a smile grows on her face, they were starting to accept her relationship. 

"He better, she's my baby," Olivia jokes, jumping on Marigold's back. Marigold stumbles before grabbing Amoria, all three of them falling to the floor laughing. 

Regulus shakes his head at his girlfriend and her friends before helping them up. "Thanks," Olivia mutters and Regulus only gives her a nod as he helps Amoria then his girl. Marigold kisses his cheek, an unexpected PDA, before sitting down next to his seat. Regulus held in a smile but all that happiness vanished as Rabastan Lestrange walks into the room.

He makes eye contact with Regulus, giving him a look of confusion at what he just witnessed. Rabastan sits next to Amoria, who looks at him in shock. "Weren't you coming back tomorrow?" She asks him and he scoffs. "I probably should have, I wouldn't have seen what I just saw," he tells her and he looks over his shoulder to see Marigold and Regulus holding hands. 

It was a weird sight. 

 Rabastan leans towards Amoria, "When did they become a thing?" He whispers and Amoria looks at him, "A day or two ago." 

"Is Cecilia here?" Amoria asks with hope filling up her features, Rabastan looks at her intensely. "No, she's busy with a mudblood."