keeping secrets?

OLIVIA GLARED AT REGULUS BLACK as he walks beside Marigold Weasley

OLIVIA GLARED AT REGULUS BLACK as he walks beside Marigold Weasley. We make eye contact and he smirks at me. "Why is Black with our girl?" Amoria asks her as he whispers into her ear. Marigold looks at her friends in a panic. Cygnus and Casper look at the pair as they walk to the Slytherin pair. 

Regulus presses his finger to his lips before leaving, Marigold awkwardly walks to her friends. "Hello," she says and Amoria crosses her arms with an eyebrow raised. "Why were you with Black?" Marigold smiles, "We were discussing our project, you know...the one we have to do for Professor Slughorn," she excuses and she wasn't lying. 

"Right, anyway, 'ria, someone wants to meet you in the Astronomy tower, they said to go alone," Cygnus tells her and Amoria's eyebrows furrow. "Who was it?" Cygnus shrugs, "Some Ravenclaw told me, she said some guy told her and there were more people before that," he says and Olivia sighs. "Guess we're going to class without you, let's go Mari-"

"Wait! Is no one going with me?" Amoria asks her friends and Casper chuckles. "They said to go alone," he says and Amoria groans. "If I die, tell my parents I love them," she jokes and Olivia glares at her. "If you die can I have your owl? It's adorable," Olivia says and the boys laugh. Amoria groans, "You're all annoying," she tells them and they walk to their last class. 

"James," Amoria growls out and he turns around, sporting a smirk, "Ami," he says and she clenches her jaw. "What do you want?" She asks him before crossing her arms. "Mother wants me to check in on you, you know she can spot a lie from a mile away, so this is me checking in on you," he informs you and she rolls her eyes. "Why would she want to check in on me? I haven't done anything wrong yet," she says and he scoffs. 

"Yet, you are going to kill our mother with the stress she gets from your teachers-"

"I know you aren't talking about me, while you do things that ought to get you expelled I've been in class doing my work, like what I am supposed to do," she sneers and he shakes his head. "Stop acting perfect Amoria, you aren't," he tells her and she takes a step closer to him. "What am I a mirror? You're the one who thinks they are perfect, not me," she says and he groans in annoyance. 

"You are as daft as you look then," he said before walking towards the exit. "Come here," he whispers and she walks near him. "What?" He points to the wall. "You engraved your name into it and not your initials? You really are a rebel," he jokes and she rolls her eyes. "Is your head in the clouds?  It's been there since my second year," she tells him and he hums. "I have a question," he mutters and she raises an eyebrow. 

"About your friend Weasley, is she really with Regulus?" Amoria looks at him in confusion. "They are just Potions partners," she replies and he chuckles. "2 days ago they supposedly got together, as in a couple, don't tell me," he teases. "She forgot to tell you?" 

"Shut up James, neither of us know Regulus Black personally but we both know he'll never- forgive me Marigold- go for someone like her," she tells him and he nods. "I agree, it's getting on Sirius' nerves, he cries her name in his sleep, I haven't slept since-"

She scoffs, "Looks like it to, you look like an old shoe brush with that hairstyle," she tells him and he rolls his eyes as he tries to hide a smile. "Whatever, just fix it, I'll ask you about it again," he informs her and she slightly nods. He looks at her awkwardly, unsure of what to do or say, that was the quietest conversation he had with his sister in a long time. "Bye," he whispers before leaving her quickly. She glares at the door like she'll tell him anything.

Marigold and Amoria went to the bathroom before they went to dinner. "Mari," she starts and her best friend hums in response. "Are you dating Regulus Black?" She asks her and Marigold clears her throat. "Yes, I am," she says and Amoria's eyes widen. "You're joking," she whispers and Marigold sighs. "I'm dating him, we wanted it to be a low attraction thing, who told you?" 

"James."

"Of course, he'd wanted confirmation, well there you go," Marigold says bitterly and Amoria wraps her arms around Marigold's neck. "Never, I won't tell anyone," Amoria tells her and marigold shakes her head as a smile forms on her face. "C'mon let's go, if we want to sit with the rest of the Rebels we need to get there a bit early. 

The two of them enter the Great Hall, everyone looks at them, "Why are they looking at us?" Marigold asks Amoria scoffs. "They are looking at you," Amoria tells her as Regulus walks up to the Potter and Weasley. "I thought we weren't going to tell anyone, you told the whole school?" He hisses out and Amoria looks between them, confusion written all over her features. 

Olivia, Casper, and Cygnus stood beside Amoria, watching the 'couple'. 

"I didn't-"

"Look at that! The lovebirds have reunited! Give us a show, why don't you." Sirius fucking Black. Regulus holds Marigold's hand, "You're just jealous I have her and you don't, so yes, the secret is out..." Regulus stops and Marigold gives his hand a light squeeze. "Marigold Weasley and I, Regulus Black, are dating," he finishes and half of the school awes and the others look at them in disbelief. 

Marigold and Regulus walk to the Black lake, no one saying a word yet. Regulus presses his back against a tree as he sat down. "I'm going to die," he whispers and Marigold sits by him, hesitantly placing her hand on hers. "And to think it all started as a joke," he mutters and she looks down. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought you into this, we could stage a break up if you'd like," she tells him and he looks at her. 

In his first year, he had the biggest crush on Marigold Weasley, she was witty and sarcastic, it's a wonder how she didn't end up sorted in Slytherin. He figured she'd go for someone like his brother, the 'handsome and charming' Black. He knew he had to get with a pureblood, his family wishes, Marigold is a pureblood, a Gryffindor- a blood traitor, but pureblood. He wants to be selfish just for a moment. 

"No, Mari, be mine," he whispers as he inches closer to her. She smiles, "But I am," she says and Regulus shakes his head. "I'm being serious," he told her before pressing his lips against hers. Their lips mold perfectly as Regulus cups her face. Marigold sits on his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. He parts away, looking at her chapped lips and closed eyes.

"You're beautiful," he said and she opens her eyes, looking at him. She smiles up at him before leaning into his face, "Yes," she says and their lips connected once again.