FIVE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

hogwarts was even more beautiful than she imagined

hogwarts was even more beautiful than she imagined. it was giant and magical, way different than the school she attended in america. the walls stood high and tall, old and worn from the long years it had been around, yet somehow she felt safe. nothing bad could get into hogwarts, could it?

"wonderful, isn't it?" she jumped slightly at the sudden voice near her ear and caught blaise's eye. he smiled down at her as they walked, glancing up at the giant castle. "it still amazes me every time."

marcella couldn't keep the grin off her face as they entered the doors, and she struggled to keep up with draco and blaise as they made their way inside. it was so huge that the thought of going to her classes in a few days made her nervous. there was no way she wouldn't get lost.

huffing in agitation, she grabbed onto draco's arm to keep from falling behind and getting lost in the crowd. he sent her an understanding look and slowed his pace to match hers. the cousins walked into a dining hall that was even more magical than the outside of the castle. it was taller than any room she had ever been in and it made her feel small in comparison, like she didn't belong in such a nice place.

"over here is the slytherin table." draco muttered to her, leading them over to a long table that was similar to the rest. he took a seat near the middle and looked towards his cousin, waiting for her to move. before she could sit beside him, pansy pushed her way past marcella and all but fell into the seat. draco rolled his eyes, sending her an apologetic look as pansy kissed his cheek. marcella let out a sigh and moved to sit beside blaise, who welcomed her with a charming smile like always.

"what was ilvermorny like?" blaise leaned his chin into his hand, awaiting her reply with curious eyes. a blush crept across her cheeks and she bit her lip, fiddling with her fingers.

"nothing like this. don't get me wrong, i loved my school and the people that attended, but hogwarts is something entirely different. it's just so... magical." she finished her sentence by looking around the dining hall, her eyes falling on harry potter. he was with his friends, his eyebrows ruffled in frustration. the boy tuned out his friends, feeling an odd sensation to look up. it was as if a voice in his head was telling him what to do and he caught the girl's eye from earlier. malfoy's cousin, is what he heard. poor girl, i feel sorry that she has to have such a git for a cousin.

marcella and harry both flinched as they made eye contact, not sure why the both of them felt connected. she had never met this boy before yet she felt like she had known him forever. breaking the stare, she turned back to blaise. he was rambling on about his classes from last year and she nodded along, attempting to distract herself from the weird feeling in her chest.

the best thing about hogwarts was the food. after their main meal, dessert appeared on the table and her mouth watered at the cheesecake that sat in front of her. it was by far her favorite dessert and she grinned happily, earning an amused chuckle from blaise. he elbowed her lightheartedly and pointed to his sundae.