FOURTEEN

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

february 8, 1980

february 8, 1980. after so much persuasion and constant bugging, james and i agreed to make remus lupin the godfather of our daughter! things have been going okay, voldemort is still on the prowl, but we're all trying. lily and i have gotten closer, brought together by our children. she is having a boy, she found out. sirius was a little hurt that he wasn't made godfather of our daughter, but lily and james decided to make him godfather of their son. it's all gonna be okay.

james. marcella felt sick. this is all she had been waiting for her whole life. his name was james. she felt tears puddle into her eyes and she closed the journal, burying her head into her hands. she sobbed, and sobbed, and sobbed until there was nothing left to cry. her mind drifted back to the mention of her godfather, remus lupin. she sat up and grabbed her quill along with a piece of parchment. if she could write to him, maybe he would know more about her father and be able to indulge the answers she so desperately needed.

dear remus lupin,
my name is marcella malfoy. my mother whom passed away three months ago, is lucille malfoy. and i think you might be my godfather. i was hoping you would have the answers i'm looking for. please write me back as soon as you can.

- marcella m.

with a sigh, she stood from the bed and folded the letter neatly. slipping on a pair of slippers and throwing on her slytherin sweater, she made her way down towards the common room. it was close to empty, with the exception of the few students who were studying for classes tomorrow. she left the room as quietly as possible before beginning the journey to the owlery. it was nearly silent in the halls and she enjoyed the peacefulness of it all.

once she made it to the owlery, she moved towards the owl that narcissa had purchased her right before school started up. she ran a finger down it's chocolate colored feathers, cooing gently. she wrapped the letter around the owl.

"to remus lupin, wherever he is." she ran a hand over her owl one last time before watching her fly away. she hoped remus would answer. the thought of knowing her godfather warmed her heart. it would be like having a part of lucille and james in her life. her father's name made her smile. james.

her feet led her away from the owlery, and far from the dungeons. she wasn't sure where she was going until she came upon professor dumbledore's door. she took a deep breath before knocking firmly.

"come in, miss malfoy!" she chuckled at his loud booming voice before opening the door and walking in. she gave him the headmaster a smile, taking a seat on the chair across from desk.

"james. that's my father's name." she stated after fiddling with her fingers in silence. dumbledore hummed, his eyes distant and a nostalgic smile lining his wrinkled features.