Chandler's Burn Book

After I got officially accepted into the Heathers I started sitting with them at lunch. I also started (unfortunately) wearing my Heather uniform to school every day. As the year went by I started to notice how similar they were to the plastics. I just hoped that I wouldn't end up unintentionally becoming plastic (or should I say 'Heather') like Cady did last year.

On my third day at Westerburg I was talking to the Heathers at lunch and a girl with brown hair in a half up half down style walked up to our table. She wore a pink sweatshirt with a picture of a unicorn printed on it and some jeans.

"Hey Veronica!" The girl said.

"Hi Martha," Veronica said. So this girl's name was Martha.

"Guess what!" Martha exclaimed.

"What is it?" Veronica asked.

"Ram and I are dating!" Martha cried, excitedly.

Veronica leapt up out of her seat and hugged Martha, "Oh my God girl! I'm so happy for you!"

"I know ri- who are you?" she asked gesturing to me. Not many people knew me yet as it was only my 3rd day there.

"Oh, I'm Janis. I'm new here. I just transferred two days ago," I said.

"And you're already in the Heathers... lucky you..." Martha said as she walked away shaking her head.

"What does that mean?" I asked. The Heathers just all burst out laughing.

"You're lucky to be accepted into the Heathers if you've known us forever!" McNamara said.

"Ram's dating Martha Dump truck!" Duke said through maniacal laughter, "What kind of an idiot is he?" 

"I know right! Here, put it in the book," Chandler said, handing Duke a notebook.

"What book?" I asked. Only one thought came to mind: Burn Book.

"Oh, it's just this thing us Heathers do. We cut out pictures of people and glue them in this book. Then we write comments about that person or something stupid, embarrassing, or mean they did," Chandler explained. It was an exact copy of the Burn Book!

I tried to act amused, "Ooh! What's in it so far?" I said.

"Well, only one person which happens to be Martha Dump Truck. We can just add to that page," Chandler said.

"Oh, and we should add a page for Ram because he's dating Martha!" McNamara said.

"Good Idea!" Chandler said, as she opened the book. She opened to the page with Martha on it and wrote Thinks she is cool enough to date Ram Sweeney. Thinks that it is lucky to get accepted into the Heathers when you really only have to be cool and she's just not.

"There," Chandler said when she had finished writing that.

She started to close the book when McNamara yelled, "Wait! You forgot to add a page for Ram!"

"Oh, right," Chandler said. She turned to the next page and wrote Ram Sweeney: Dated Martha Dump Truck. Then Chandler closed the book.

"Guys. Is this really necessary? It's kinda mean..." I said.

"Oh yes, it's necessary," Chandler said.

"Yeah, it's not like anyone's ever gonna see it but us," McNamara said.

"Are you even Heather material?" Duke asked, rudely.

"Yes, I think I am!" I said, taken aback by her rude remark, "I'm just a nice person," 

"Oh my God, you're such a goody two shoes!" Duke yelled. I was fed up with Dukes mean behavior so I ran into the hallway. On the way I heard Duke whisper to Chandler, "Put it in the book!". I guess these girls were even more like the Plastic then I thought. 

As I was running down the hallway, I was kind of out of it and so, naturally, I bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-" I looked up at the person I bumped into and I was shocked, "Regina?"