The "New Girl"

I had history first period. I got to class and started tapping my pencil on the desk in boredom, as I do every morning. Then the principal at Westerburg, Principal Gowan, came up to the front of the classroom to talk. I still kept tapping my pencil.

"Hello students. I am sorry to interrupt your class, but we have a new student joining this class today. She is from Chicago, Illinois. I want you to treat her with respect. May I introduce Ms. Caddy Heron,". My head shot up. Caddy? I looked at the girl and sure enough it was my best friend from Kenya.

"Caddy! Sit here!" I yelled, gesturing to the open seat beside me. She looked confused as she didn't know who was asking her to sit with them. She walked over to the seat and looked over to find who had called her over. I guess she thought it was probably just some random girl who was trying to be nice. She looked to see me.

"Jan?" She asked.

I chuckled, "Yes Caddy, it's me,"

"Oh my God! I didn't know you transferred here!" She yelled. I had obviously told her I had moved, but I guess I had forgotten to tell her where. Oops!

"Well, I'm right here!" I said and I wrapped her in a hug. 

"I know," She said as she hugged me back. Then a thought hit me hard in the head: Damian! I had left him with Caddy, but she had left. She had left. I had left. We were the only good friends he had and we had both left.

"Caddy?" I asked, while I got out of the hug.

"What is it Janis?" She asked.

"Well, I was just thinking," I said.

"That's never a good thing," Caddy joked.

"Well, anyway. How's Damian?" I asked.

"Well, funny you should ask," Caddy said.

"And why is that?" I asked, raising one eyebrow.

"He's flying here on a plane as we speak!" Caddy exclaimed.

"No way!" I said, slamming my hands onto my desk.

"Yes way!" Caddy said, copying me and slamming her hands onto her desk.

"Did you convince him to do this?" I asked.

"Yes! I knew that I should move because I didn't like North Shore anymore, and so then I was gonna leave when the Plastics and Damian decided to follow me and transfer here as well. None of us knew you were gonna be here too," Caddy explained.

"Oh, well I saw the Plastics yesterday," I said.

"Were they mean to you?" Caddy asked.

"Well, I did get a few 'Space-Dykes' out of Regina, but other than that, no they were okay," I said.

"Okay, good," Caddy said, "Oh and Janis, what's with the outfit? I never thought I'd see you in a miniskirt!"

"Oh, about that. Do the Plastics think they can rise to be Queen Bees at this school?" I asked.

"Well, yeah, they're probably trying to get all the students to worship them as we speak," Caddy said.

"Oh no..." I said.

"What? What's wrong?" Caddy asked.

"Well, on my first day here, I noticed a group of girls in color coded blazers and miniskirts. I was interested in why they were wearing such strange outfits, so I went up and talked to them. They said it was because they were Heathers. The Heathers are like the Westerburg Plastics. They decided that they liked me and asked me to join them and-" Caddy cut me off.

"And based on the outfit, I'm guessing you accepted," Caddy said.

"Well, yeah," I said, "Anyway, what I'm trying to say is-"

"Let's just hope you can join the Heathers and not end up becoming Plastic like me," Caddy cut me off again.

"Oh my God, can you stop cutting me off! Anyway, The Heathers are already Queen Bees at this school, so if the Plastics try to take over, its not gonna go down well. Can you try to stop them, please. It would help prevent a lot of unnecessary fighting," I said.

"Ok, sounds fair," Caddy said. Then the bell rang and we moved to 2nd period.