chapter four

C H A P T E R  F O U Rglastonbury

C H A P T E R F O U R
glastonbury

AUDREY OPENED HER EYES, SQUINTING against the bright lights above her in the room of the sickbay. She closed her eyes once again to give her eyes a break from the light while she remembered why she was in a patient gown. Audrey sat up while reaching for her left ear. She felt the scar by her ear but no hearing aid.

Ginger knocked before entering her room with a tablet in her hands, "Oh, you're awake. Good. I came to record your vital signs again."

"Am I good? Is my hearing back?" Audrey looked over at Ginger, questioning her with a hoarse voice. She kept running one of her fingers over the small scar by the tragus of her ear.

Ginger kindly handed her a glass of water, "Everything went perfect, but Champ would like me to run additional tests. He wants to know that you're one hundred percent ready to head out to Glastonbury tomorrow."

She then took Audrey's vital signs, recording them in the device in her hands.

"I'll let you eat and change into some actual clothes before we go and get those tests done."

Audrey nodded in agreement as Ginger waved in the staff member that was bringing Audrey her food. They left the agent alone to eat her food, but Audrey devoured it. She may have been out for a few hours, but those were hours spent not eating or drinking. Even since the events that took place not too long ago, Audrey hadn't really built her appreciate back yet from the stress she was under. Once she had finished her food, Audrey located her belongings folded on top of the only chair in the room. She carefully got up and changed while still feeling a little groggy and cold from the sedation.

She walked out of her room once she had put on her clothes and shoes, meeting Ginger right outside. The woman with the glasses sitting on her face then proceeded to lead Audrey to the room they were going to conduct the tests. On their way there, they passed by where Agent Tequila was at in the sickbay. Audrey caught sight of a sleeping blue-veined agent dressed in the same pale-colored gown she was in earlier.

"What's his status?" Audrey asked Ginger in a hushed tone while they continued their journey to the other room.

"We don't know what it is, but we do know it's from drugs. I know it's not very Statesman-like of him, but Agent Tequila is our resident bad boy." Ginger began to explain as they reached the room. She prepped the test for Audrey, hooking up stickers with wires to her temples. "Merlin did suggest it might have had something to do with the Golden Circle. The only question I have is why would a drug cartel want to poison their clients? That doesn't make any sense to me."

Audrey thought about what Ginger said. Poisoning their clients? She was right, it didn't make sense. What would their purpose be to poison clients? It was that very question Audrey pondered over and over in her head while she got her hearing tested.