chapter eleven

C H A P T E R  E L E V E N *** smuuuuuttttttt

C H A P T E R E L E V E N
*** smuuuuuttttttt

AUDREY WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF SIRENS. Ringing invaded her hearing as she struggled to sit up. She was wet and covered in debris while he dress was torn up and stained. The agent watched paramedics, firefighters, and police officers moved through the debris and pull out anyone who was alive. The dead they had left alone and covered up in a white sheet to later collect their bodies to be identified. Audrey erupted in a fit of hard coughs as her lungs disagreed with the debris she was breathing in while she finally sat up. She had finally gotten a good view of the destruction and she choked back a sob as she took in it all. What was once a beautiful museum that held history of marine life was now a fiery pile of debris that was littered with everything that was in the museum.

Audrey found a large part of a fossil by her leg and multiple dead fish by her which made her scoot away. She stumbled to her feet and watched as multiple pair of eyes glanced over to her. First responders scrambled their way over to the agent. Audrey swayed weakly on her feet and tried to make her way over to them. A firefighter, despite being in all his gear, reached her first and she collapsed in his arms.

"J'ai besoin d'un ambulancier ici maintenant!" The firefighter shouted over and over and that was the last thing Audrey heard before she succumbed to the darkness again.

/ / /

"PLEASE WAKE UP, AUDREY. PLEASE...."

Upon hearing those words, Audrey was more inclined to open her eyes. When she did, she found Eggsy in a chair pulled up close to her bed.

"Eggsy...." Audrey rasped out with a weak smile as she moved her hand to place over one of his.

"Oh my God. You're awake? You're awake! Ginger! Ginger, she's woken up! Hurry in here now!" He jumped to hit feet and scrambled over to the door, yelling out of the room.

"Eggsy...Eggsy...." Audrey called for him and he immediately floated to her bedside. He grabbed onto one of her hands and gave all his attention to his fellow Kingsman agent.

"I'm here, I'm here. What's up?" He ushered out as familiar faces began to flood into the room.

"Water, please. Can I have some water?" She whispered out and Eggsy faintly caught the word water.

He whipped around a poured her a cup and placed a straw inside it before helping Audrey take a few sips. Once she was satisfied, she smiled and nodded at Eggsy who placed the cup back on the table. Ginger moved towards Audrey and stood beside her bed to use the buttons on the side to raise her up to a sitting position.