chapter twelve

C H A P T E R  T W E L V E

C H A P T E R T W E L V E

THE NEXT DAY AUDREY WAS UP EARLY. Once she had woken up, she had remembered the events of last night and realized she woke up alone.

Audrey enjoyed the quiet for a few minutes, yet the moment didn't come with a peace of mind. Her mind wandered and she suddenly was thinking about what Ginger had said the day prior when she had awoken up in the sickbay. Someone had brought her to Statesman, but who? Maybe it must have been one of Andre's goonies wandering around the museum or maybe he was a tiniest bit of a genuinely decent person and brought her back himself. Nonetheless, the only thing that mattered was that she was back at Statesman HQ and Audrey decided to drop the matter.

Audrey moved to get out of bed to change and realized her muscles were sore and achy thanks to the two reasons she knew it could be from. She decided to take her sweet time with getting ready for the day and took a few minutes to massaging her muscles while she applied some lotion. The Brit then found a pair of high waisted flared jeans in one of the drawers in the dresser of her room. She styled the jeans with a white cropped rib knit top and a lilac colored cropped cardigan. Once she was ready to head out the door , Audrey slipped on a pair of gold strappy heeled sandals.

When she headed down to the cafeteria she was immediately greeted by a crowd of agents mixed with some other staff who were all getting their first meal of the day. Harry and Audrey caught sight of each other while she crossed the room to get in line. She greeted the older man and he offered her to stand in line with him.

Finally reaching the food, Audrey grabbed a waffles, breakfast potatoes, and some yogurt with fruit before taking her seat. Harry had followed her with his own tray of food, taking a seat in the chair across from her.

"You think Eggsy's going to come down for some breakfast?" Audrey questioned the senior agent in front of her in between bites as the two ate their food.

"Maybe, maybe not. I'm not too concerned. He'll be here if he wants to." Harry answered as he expertly began cutting into the eggs on his plate. "So are you going to tell me what you've been keeping to yourself or do you need more time?"

"Give me some time so I can get the three of you men together in private," Audrey responded as she continued to eat her breakfast. "Whatever we discuss later stays between us Kingsman agents and Merlin. As charming as Champ and everyone from Statesman is, we can't trust them just yet. Someone here knew about Kingsman other than the umbrella in the Doomsday locker and they could be the very same person that's already ruining our chances of stopping the cartel."

"So a mole? That's impossible," Harry stated firmly as he paused briefly from eating. "I can't imagine how strict Statesman is on their recruits but it has to be enough that they can single out those likely to be traitors."

"Like someone I knew once said: Not everyone works for one person," Audrey quoted as she suddenly lost her appetite upon remembering all the people they lost and her encounter with Andre.