epilogue II

E P I L O G U E   I I ( a l t e r n a t e   e n d i n g )*** trigger warning: mentions of blood and attempt of suicideenjoy this alternate happy ending xx

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

E P I L O G U E I I
( a l t e r n a t e e n d i n g )
*** trigger warning: mentions of blood and attempt of suicide
enjoy this alternate happy ending xx

"IF YOU CAME TO GIVE me a lecture, I don't wanna hear it." Jack snaps out as he began to move to his bed.

"I did come to give you a lecture and by God you are going to fucking hear it!" Audrey yells as she inches closer to the cell door. "You're one of the most selfish person I have ever met. You only do things for yourself and for money. What upsets me is that you were not like this at all when I first met you. Well you were hiding it, but still. The time we spent together, did that mean absolutely nothing to you? Did you not think for a second that maybe I was worth throwing away this whole secret plan of your's you had? Was I not enough, Jack?"

"You not enough for me? I obviously wasn't fucking enough for you!" Jack argues as he storms back to the cell door. "You were so worried about that damn bastard, Lucas, you were forgetting about us...about me! I wanted to put a bullet in the man, but all of that only fueled me more to do what I did. The druggies were first and once they were all gone the cartels were next. It was then I'd be able to kill him myself, but I guess you did the deed already."

"Jack," Audrey replies in a softer tone, trying not to get herself worked up again. "It took a me a minute to realize this, but the man I was going to kill, the man I killed, wasn't the man I fell in love with before I had joined Kingsman. The Lucas I fell in love with when I first met him died a long time ago. I just refused to acknowledge the person that took over wasn't him. I realized that and that's why he's in Cambodia dead. But this all isn't about me. It's about you. It's about how you gave up intel for money...about how you wanted to let millions die just because of what had happened to your sweetheart years ago. I know I'm not one to judge, but most people grieve and then live on with their lives. They might hold up a pent up anger towards whatever got their loved one killed, but they sure as hell done try to fucking kill half the planet. Think about that, Jack. Was that all really necessary? I honestly think if you show a little bit of remorse to the board in November, they might just show some pity for you. If you do, I might just come visit you."

Jack stood silent as Audrey turned to walk away. She had joined Harry by his side before she turned to take one last look at Jack.

"You know I really loved you, Jack. I still fucking do and I've made peace with the fact that I will always love you no matter what." Audrey announces to him and as she's about to turn to walk away, she says one more thing. "See you in November."

/ / /

FOUR MONTHS HAD PASSED. Audrey was still on the fence about her resignation. Champ had offered her a position in New York at one of their offices there so she could keep an eye on the Kingsman stocks. It was a lot to think about, but she pushed the thoughts aside as she sat in a meeting with Champ and Harry. Tequila had been sent over to London while Audrey stayed in Kentucky. It was an arrangement they had every few weeks and Audrey enjoyed visiting Champ and Ginger once in a while.