5- Lies

The morning came by rather quickly. I woke up to my blaring alarm and turned it off as soon as I opened my eyes.

Careful not to wake Yui up, I got out of bed.

Once I got my uniform on, I grabbed Yui's uniform and sat it near her bed. I got up and made some coffee.

Luckily, my dad wasn't home. He always left earlier than when we woke up to go to work.

I turned on the TV and sat down beside Ayato, my twin brother, and watched some show with him.

We sat in a comfortable silence until Yui interrupted that. She grabbed Ayatos hand and drug him to the door while yelling, "Come on brother! We'll be late!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" He replied laughing loudly.

I laughed to as I watched the six year old pull on his hand, trying to get him to follow.

Once they were outside and on their way, I quickly ate breakfast and made my way to school as well.

The way there was boring. The walk was long and silent.

"(Y-Y/N)," I was greeted by the familiar boy. "H-hey.."

"Hey Tamaki," I waved smiling.

"H-how was y-your n-night," he asked.

"Okay I guess. How was yours?"

"I-it was o-okay," he replied.

"That's good," I replied smiling.

"H-hey... w-what happened t-to your e-eye..?"

My eyes widened as I remembered the black eye my father gave me.

"Oh," I laughed. My and my brother were play fighting yesterday and he accidentally hit me harder than he meant to."

He seem skeptical.

"O-okay.."

I sighed hoping he believed my lie.

The rest of walk was an uncomfortable silence. Once again school, we said our goodbyes and separated. Instead of going to class, I went to the bathroom and used makeup to cover my eye.

I made it in class about an hour late, but thankfully nobody questioned it.

It was going to be a looooong day..