Chapter One

I woke up to the winter sunshine shining in my face. I yawned. Today is my first day at Seiyo Academy, what a thrill! I didn't really understand they're policy though. They had a group of kids, the Guardians, helping out the students. What I mean is wouldn't it be better if adults handled these situations? I shrugged. Who cares anyway? I asked myself. Time to turn to a new page! I finally get to start over! I smiled. Another chance has finally come by again. I got dressed and walked to school. I was surprised that many students were early compared to my old school. Children flooded the halls and it was hard to get through the crowd. I sighed, this was usually my type of day but now it is ruined! Fire flashed in my eyes but I tried to hide it. All of a sudden a group of kids with capes and a girl with pink hair and golden yellow eyes walked by. The crowd parted making a path but I stood my ground.

"Move, you're blocking the path," the pink haired girl said.

"Why should I?" I asked, my voice trembling. A boy with blonde hair walked up to me and said, "Sorry about Amu. Excuse us."

"Flattery won't help," I said with my voice lowered to a whisper.

"Hey you!" another Guardian said. I jumped and saw a boy about like a year older than me standing there.

"We're trying to walk, please move," he said. I shook my head.

"W-w-why should I?" I asked. My voice was way lower than a wisper and was shaking.

"Because of this," he said grabbing a nearby rope and running while dragging me along with it. If he thought I was going to be dragged around for long, he's wrong. Good thing I did track and field. Seems like by the end of the run, he was way more tired than I was.

"Are you even tired?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Not in the slightest."

"My name is Kukai."

"Yuki. Pleasure."

"No need to be so formal."

"I can't, it's my character." This he was surprised to hear and I could tell because his eyes widened. The bell rang signalling my first class was about to begin. I ran to the Fifth Grade Star Class. I looked around and saw that girl, Amu, looking out of a window. I fumed and sat down to the nearest seat. Unfortunately, that seat was next to Amu. She sat down and looked at me as if she were studying me. I looked away. She tapped my shoulder.

"Sorry about earlier. By the way my name is Hinamori Amu," she said. She smiled and I frowned. I didn't say anything and just looked away. I stared at the board and listened but I didn't participate, except for when we had a test. The bell rang at the end of the day and I walked out. Amu tapped my shoulder as I walked out.

"We would like you to join our meeting in the Royal Garden," she said.

"I'll pass," I said waving her away.

"You're stubborn you know that right?" she asked like I reminded her of someone else. She grabbed my arm and ran. I guess either she didn't think the arm belonged to someone or if she thought I didn't weigh anything. Anyway where she took me was I guess the Royal Garden. She opened the door and inside was beautiful. So many flowers and a table where the Guardians sat.

"Hey Yuki!" I heard Kukai say. I waved. Amu walked towards the table and introduced me to everyone.

"Nadeshiko, Yaya, Tadase, Kukai, this is..... What's your name?" Amu asked. I sighed. But before I could open my mouth Kukai answered for me.

"Her name is Yuki," he said. The Guardians waved. Amu and the others started talking and I slipped out of the Royal Garden unseen. I walked home. I ran into my room, looked out of my window and frowned. I started to cry. I wish.... I wish..... I had a stronger self. I wish I was a princess instead of being a klutz. Please give me my wish. Give me the strength and the courage to be what I have always wanted to be. I looked out of my window and saw something, it looked like a small cat. Just imagining. I shook my head. I need sleep. I curled up under my covers and soon fell asleep.