Chapter Five

I opened my eyes and saw the Guardians. Ikuto had left, I guess. I got up slowly and asked, "What are you doing?"

"Watching you while you were unconscious," Amu replied annoyed. I got up.

"How long?" I asked.

"Half an hour," Nadeshiko said. I started for the door. Kukai grabbed my arm. I turned around.

"What are you after?" he asked. I smiled.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," I told him. "Come on Sophie." She didn't move. "Sophie!" She still didn't move.

"This isn't you Yuki," Sophie said sadly. I looked at her.

"What happened?" asked Tadase. I glared at Sophie but she didn't get the message and told them all about how I agreed to help Ikuto.

"SOPHIE!!!" I yelled. They all looked at me. Sophie as well.

"Keep her with you. I don't want to see her again!" I ran out of the door. I ran back to the bench and sat down. Tears ran down my cheeks.

"So you're awake," someone said. I lifted my head from my knees and looked up. There he was.

"Why did you ditch me?" I asked.

"It's just business," he replied shrugging.

"Just business?" I repeated. He nodded. "I thought we were partners. What happened to that?" I asked.

"When the time comes you have to ditch everyone and everything," he replied. I was mad, but, I had an idea.

"I understand now," I said. "By the way where did you put the eggs?"

"Under the bridge by the river," he replied. I nodded. I looked towards the sky and saw that the sun was setting.

"Well looks like I have to get home," I said getting up. I walked out of the park. Good thing the bridge is a few streets away from my house, I thought. I arrived at the bridge and looked around. I saw Amu's two eggs in the shadows covered with dirt. I uncovered the eggs and but them in my bag. I'll give them to her tomorrow, I muttered. I walked home satisfied. I wonder where Sophie is, I wondered. I sighed and flopped on my bed. I hugged the nearest pillow to my chest. Why am I so worried? I bet she's having a wonderful time with them. Even though it's them, I'm still worried.

"WHY CAN'T I GET SOPHIE OIT OF MY HEAD?!?!" I yelled throwing the pillow across the room. I sighed. Mom opened the door and peeked in.

"Yuki? Is everything okay?" she asked walking in to my room. I shrugged because that was my usual answer and she left. Before Sophie was born, I never worried about this. I sighed. Poor thing. She would probably prefer staying with the Guardians than with me. She probably never wants to see me again either. I got up from my bed and crossed the room to my desk. All my life I drew pictures about what I thought I saw and what I knew was my imagination. But Sophie, she isn't just in my head. She's real. Real...... I grabbed my sketchbook and sat back on my bed and started sketching Sophie.