Chapter Six

Once again, I was the only one home because mom and dad left already. I got dressed and ready for school. The eggs were put safely in my backpack. I walked downstairs to the kitchen. I looked around. I head a noise. Like someone was rummaging through the drawers. I peeked in one of them and was surprised by what I saw.

"Yoru?" I said as I pulled the drawer out all the way.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped.

"I'm here because Ikuto misplaced Amu's eggs," the small cat explained. I gasped, but I was the one who took them.

"Where do you think he put them?" I asked with a fake suprised expression on my face. He shrugged.

"That's why I came here."

"How would I know. He told me that they were under the bridge."

"Exactly, that's why I'm asking you." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't have time for this. Come on Yoru." The small cat followed me outside. I walked to school and kind of forgot that he was with me. I walked into class and sat down. I played with Yoru until the end of the day and then got up when the bell rang. Amu grabbed my wrist.

"Let me go!" I said trying to squirm my way away. She had a firm grip, for a girl. I kept struggling as she dragged my down the halls and outside. I was dragged past many students milling their way around the school and staring at Amu.

"Cool & spicy!" I heard a boy say. I guess Amu wasn't affected by flattery because she didn't react. Amu dragged me into the Royal Garden and let me go.

"There, I brought her," she said.

"Yuki nē-chan!" Yaya yelled and hugged me.

"Does she always act like this?" I asked. Amu shrugged and I remembered that Yoru was still with me.

"Why is Yoru with you?" Nadeshiko asked pointing. Yoru crossed his arms and looked away. I smiled then frowned.

"Anyway, I came here to tell you that you will never stop me and try as you might, the stong will overpower the weak," I said. I smiled and wispered into Yaya's ear. She wispered into Amu's ear and she came outside. I faced her.

"Listen. You're little Amulet Heart trick isn't going to work. Like I said, the strong will overpower the weak. Just you wait. You will be useless. Worthless. Nothing." I smiled and looked around. Yoru wasn't in sight. I pulled out her eggs. She gasped.

"These eggs. These things. Will.... ruin...... your....... life...... We will win. I had to disobey my orders to get this. I stole them. But it was for the greater good. There is nothing you can do." I giggled and one turned into an X-Egg.

"Oh look, it started." Amu lunged at her eggs but I backed away. I smirked and walked away. I walked home with the blue egg that hatched.