Chapter Nine

There was an assembly the next day to officially announce my agreement to join the Guardians. It was a few days before Valentine's Day and I was getting nervous. Plus that was my birthday. The only words I heard from Tadase were, "I am pleased to announce Yuki! New member of the Guardians, Jewel Chair!" Jewel Chair? I wondered. Probably something new. I received my red cape and greeted everyone. Because of Sophie, I had appeared like a princess in my uniform. People have been swooning over how pretty I look. I had always wanted to show my true radiance in front of an audience, BUT NOT LIKE THIS!!!! Sophie Character Changes with me many times and I am not laughed at when I trip like in my old school. Finally the long week ended and Sunday was Valentine's Day! It was already Saturday, so I decided that so it wouldn't be awkward, I would make chocolate for everyone! Sophie Character Changed and I made the perfect chocolates. I looked at Sophie and smiled. I made a few extra for Sophie and me to taste.

"Ready?" I asked. Sophie nodded and we both bit into the chocolate. How wonderful they tasted! We both giggled and I headed upstairs to change. I headed to the Royal Garden and poked my head in. I was the first one there. I looked at Sophie and we walked in. I made tea and snacks for everyone and waited.

"Well look who's ready to get started," Kukai teased. Yaya rushed to the table and stared at it, her mouth watering. I giggled.

"Go ahead," I said urging Yaya to try one. She picked up a pastry and bit into it. Then she fell on the floor and quickly got back up.

"That was soooooooo yummy!" she squealed. I smiled. I urged everyone else to try one.

"I never knew that you were such a good cook," Amu said as she finished the pastry.

"That's because I have always wanted to be a chef. That's why I study almost every recipe I can. And just because I'm a klutz, doesn't mean I can't cook," I said. Amu smiled. I looked around. They all looked happy. I frowned. I was still worried about Ikuto and what he was doing. Amu looked at me. She hugged me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered in her ear.

"It's okay. We all make mistakes sometimes," she whispered back. Yaya came up to me.

"Can you please bake more pastries?" she pleaded. I looked at her.

"Only if you can be my pretend little sister," I said. I've always wanted a little sister.

"Okay," she answered quickly. I smiled and headed to bake some more. Amu, Nadeshiko, and Yaya helped. I liked being in the Guardians. I stepped outside after the long day. Tons of boys were outside. I looked at them. I blinked.

"Lady Yuki, if you would only let me escort you home," one said. Amu, Nadeshiko, Yaya, Kukai, and Tadase came outside next. I giggled. Sophie again.

"Although I am flattered by the offer, I must refuse. I wouldn't like anyone to slow me down. Do you understand?" I asked. I shot Sophie a dirty look but she just looked away. He looked at me and blinked. I winked and walked home.

"Wow. I never knew you could deal with boys like that," Amu said as she caught up to me.

"I really don't. I only know what to do because of Sophie," I said. She smiled. I headed home and wrapped up the chocolates. I was pleased with my work. I sat on my bed. I had no idea what to do next. I was still worried. I needed to relax but there was nothing I could do if I didn't know where Ikuto was. It was getting pretty late so I took a bath, changed, and went to bed.