Chapter Eleven

It was now the week after Valentine's Day and I was once again late to the Guardian's meeting because of gymnastics. I burst through the door and breathed heavily.

"Look who's here," Kukai said. I sat down on the ground and laid down.

"So...... tired....... so......... sore......," I said, still trying to catch my breath. I wanted to fall asleep right there. I got up. My legs were sore and I wanted to go home. Somehow I had the strength to get up and sit at the table. The meeting continued but there wasn't really anything special about it. I got up as the meeting ended. Yaya came up to me.

"Yuki, can you show me what you do in gymnastics?" she practically begged. I looked at her and shrugged.

"Come by the gym on Monday and I'll show you," I said. She smiled and I left. I got home and collapsed on the couch. Mom came into the living room and sat next to me.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked. I nodded and sat up. I walked up to my room. Sophie sat on my shoulder.

"Sophie, why haven't you been going to school with me?" I asked. Sophie looked at me blankly. "What happened Sophie?" She looked at me and went to my desk. I got up and walked across my room. Sophie was sitting next to a small basket with a Shugo Chara egg in it. I looked at her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I said half scolding and half out of excitement.

"I wanted to give it to you on your birthday, but it didn't hatch," Sophie explained. The egg was like a shimmering white color.

"Well since we have a new arrival, we should introduce it to the others," I said picking up my phone. I called the Guardians to meet me in the park. They all agreed and I waited, sitting on a bench towards the center of the park. The first one was Nadeshiko and Temari. Next was Amu and her three Shugo Charas flying next to her. Third was Yaya and Pepe followed by Tadase and Kiseki. Last came Kukai and Daichi. After everyone came I stood up with Sophie on my shoulder and opened my bag to pull out the egg. Everyone gasped. I smiled.

"When did you get it?" Temari asked. I looked at Sophie.

"Three days before Valentine's Day," Sophie replied.

"I didn't know I had it until I came to ask why Sophie didn't come with me to school for the past few days," I explained. Sophie looked at the egg and tapped it. Nothing happened. All the Charas tried to help it hatch and I laughed at her attempts.

"I actually wanted you guys here because I wanted to tell you the reason why I helped Ikuto," I explained. "There's only one main reason why I wanted to join him. I thought I was useless to everyone. That even if I did join you, I would be in everyone's way. This is what worries me: one day no one will need me. I will be ignored by everyone. I joined Ikuto because I thought I was needed by someone. Sophie didn't understand either and I didn't want to explain to her. I think that egg was born because of this feeling," I said tearing up. Amu put her hand on my shoulder. I smiled. I looked at the Charas. They were still trying to make my egg hatch. I stood up and walked towards them.

"Is it okay if I leave the egg in the Royal Garden or with one of you?" I asked looking over my shoulder at Amu. She pointed at herself and I nodded. I picked up my egg and handed it to Amu.

"Amu can I come with you to your house?" I asked. She shrugged and I called my mom. She said it was alright and to just be back before dinner. I walked with her in silence. She took me to her house and walked in.

"Mom I'm home," she said. I stepped inside. A little girl ran up to her.

"Who's that big sis?" the girl asked. I kneeled down.

"I'm Yuki," I said. I smiled.

"I'm Ami," she said and walked away.

"That was my sister," Amu said as she led me upstairs to her room. Sophie was on my shoulder. I sat on Amu's bed and put my egg on a small table in her room. Ami burst in the room.

"Ami! How many times have I told you not to do that?!?!" Amu scolded and lunged for her sister. Ami dodged and headed straight for me.

"So you have a Sugoi Chara too?" I looked at Amu and she shrugged. Sugoi Chara??? I thought. "It's a princess!!!" I looked at Sophie who was now hiding behind a curtain of my brown hair. I giggled.

"Ami, this is Sophie. Sophie, this is Ami," I said. Sophie poked out and flew towards Ami. Ran, Miki, and Su flew next to Ami as well. Adorable!!! I squealed in my head.

"Are you good with people or just lucky?" Amu asked. I winked. I got up and sat back on her bed. I frowned. I heard a tap on the window and Amu quickly pulled the curtains closed. I looked at her.

"So......... did you want to talk to me or.....?" Amu asked in a squeaky voice. I knew she was hiding something from me but I didn't say anything.

"That egg........ that egg. That egg was born from my worried feelings, wasn't it?" I asked. She looked at me.

"If it's your egg, you should know," she replied smiling. I looked at the floor, tears forming. "I know you'll find out." I got up.

"Then what was the point in coming here? You are useless to me. I didn't even have to come here. I thought that out of all people, you could help me, but I guess not!" I yelled. I grabbed my egg and ran out of her house with Sophie following me, not even stopping to look back.