𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

"Hi Prince Jaehyun. This is my daughter Princess Tia," The King of a kingdom said. Jiyun had lost track of the kingdom's names. There were just too many.

"Also, who might this be?" The King pointed at Jiyun.

"Your majesty, I'm Jaehyun's personal assistant," Jiyun replied politely. She swore she had said that a hundred times.

"A girl as a personal assistant?" The Queen sounded unconvinced, "Will she be of any hindrance if I marry my daughter to you."

Jaehyun wanted to roll his eyes, but simply stated "No." And every time Jaehyun said that, Jiyun would feel a light pang in her chest.

"Could you maybe interact with Tia for awhile. Without her." The King suggested.

Jiyun took a step back and Jaehyun and Tia left. Jiyun's eyes followed Jaehyun's back until he could not be seen. She continued staring at the door, hoping he would come back sooner.

"You must really like him." The King said.

Jiyun looked at him wearily, only to see him and the queen smiling at her.

"Maybe just a little," Jiyun didn't want to lie.

"Maybe you should tell him," The queen suggested.

Jiyun was taken aback by what she heard. How was it possible that the king and queen of another kingdom is telling her to confess.

"I was just a maid previously, Jaehyun wouldn't like me. It's also against the rules," Jiyun spoke what was in her mind.

The King sighed. "That stupid friend of mine, still doesn't want to lift that law," He muttered to himself.

"Also, do you speak to all royal families as if their your friends?" The King asked.

Jiyun gasped. She did not take note of the way she spoke to the other royal families.
"I'm sorry, your majesty," she instantly apologised. The King let out a hearty laugh.

Jaehyun and Tia came back and it did not seem like they clicked. Tia came back complaining about how boring Jaehyun was and the Queen just silenced her. Jaehyun did not even try to hide his eye roll.

This was the last kingdom they had to visit. As they were about to take their leave, the queen stopped Jiyun.

"Don't give up hope. I was once a maid too."