𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

"Honestly, do you even try to talk to them? You're never going to find someone that will marry you."

"I already found her," Jaehyun stated.

"Who?"

"She's right beside me."

Jiyun looked away, hiding her flushed cheeks. She was still not prone to Jaehyun's constant teasing. She hated the fact that Jaehyun's teasing affected her so much.

She knew he was joking, yet every time he said something her heart would race and she needed it to stop. Through the weeks of interaction with Jaehyun, helping him with work and following him around made her develop some sort of feeling.

"Hey Jaehyun," Jiyun started.

"Hmm."

"Have you ever thought of marrying someone like not to find the queen. You know, just because you love them?" Jiyun asked.

"No. But maybe I will soon. Why do you ask?"

"I feel like I'm never going to get married," Jiyun answered sadly.

❤️
"Shh, I think there's someone there," Jaehyun whispered.

Sure enough, a quick figure ran past them but they were hidden. "He's armed, we can't run. He might get us killed," Jaehyun observed the man. He was probably a robber.

"You stay very still, I'll call the guards," Jaehyun said before trying to run away without making a sound. They had just came back from the kingdom and it was already very late. Jaehyun had left Jiyun sitting behind a bush herself. She was afraid, not knowing what to do. The robber had been walking around her area, probably looking for a way in. She let out a gasp and immediately placed her hands over her mouth but it was too late.

She mentally cursed herself for being so careless. The man started walking to her direction with a knife in his hand. Jiyun could not breathe properly. She felt dizzy and could only vision yellow spots. She was taking in very deep breaths trying her best to run away but she knew she couldn't.

"What do we have here?" The man walked forward. Jiyun pulled out her sword, and pointed it at him. "Don't— come— clo-ser," she tried her best to speak but it was hard, she was getting weaker. The man obviously did not listen. He went close enough to stab her but Jiyun had used her sword to push the knife away. She was using all her strength and was about to give up when she felt that the strength from the man was gone. She could faintly make out a guard taking the man away and Jaehyun's voice asking if she was okay.

Jaehyun. Jiyun clung on to his shirt for her dear life. She could hear Jaehyun telling her to breath but she could not.

Jaehyun got more and more worried each second. He didn't know what to do. Jiyun could not get enough air so he chose to do the right thing he thought of.

He attached their lips.