𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

Slowly, Jiyun felt her feelings for Jaehyun growing. As much as she hated the feeling and tried her best to suppress it, she could no deny it. Her heart had made the choice to like a prince and she hated herself for it.

She leaned against the wall outside the King and Queen's room, listening to the conversation between Jaehyun and his parents.

"Jaehyun, the King and Queen of our neighbouring kingdom. I can't remember its name, has agreed to let you marry their daughter," The King did not sound very enthusiastic but he had no other choice and Jaehyun knew it too.

"Ok," was all Jaehyun and was about to leave when the king said, "That's mean your personal assistant has to go too."

Jiyun stood up straight. She needed to hear this.

"Dad, that's not fair," Jaehyun complained.

"It's the rules Jaehyun, we will find you a more suitable assistant later but we have to tell her to go back," The King simply stated.

Jiyun was on the verge of tears she didn't want to hear what they said next. She ran back to Jaehyun's room and pulled his covers over her head and she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Jiyun," Jaehyun said softly when he came in. He knew she had heard what his father said and was worried for her. He knew she didn't want to lose her job.

Jiyun tried her best to stop her crying but failed terribly. It was late and Jiyun was really tired. Jaehyun had gotten onto the bed beside Jiyun and she turned to face him.

"Do I have to leave now?" Jiyun asked, hoping to hear a reply she knew she was never going to get.

"You can stay for one month," Jaehyun stated.

"So then I won't ever see you again? Will you miss me?" The questions just slipped out of Jiyun's mouth. She needed to know.

"Just go to sleep Jiyun. I'll figure something out. I promise."

Jaehyun placed a kiss on her head before they fell asleep.