𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔦𝔵

Jiyun walked through the streets she grew up in. Running and chasing the birds away, buying fruits and bread and other delicious foods from all the stall owners. Yet, all this felt so unfamiliar to Jiyun. She eyed everyone cautiously and realised she was being watched. She assumed it was because of the fact that people did not recognise her and new people were not often seen in the village.

But she was wrong. Because she could hear. And what she heard stabbed her heart.

"Isn't she the girl that Prince Jaehyun slept with?"

"OMG. Ya! She's the one. She even came to the village back when she was a personal assistant for Prince Jaehyun. Can't believe she would do that!" The girls whispered not-so-quietly.

"Really? What a slut! I bet Jaehyun hates her anyways!"

Jiyun bit her lips in anger. She was mad at the girl for calling Jaehyun just by his name. Ironic. She knew but she didn't care.

"You can't just call Jaehyun by his name! It's disrespectful!" Jiyun shouted.

All eyes were on her. She had no idea what she just did.

"Look who's the one calling him Jaehyun. I bet he doesn't even like you. You just wanted to get closer to him!" The girl taunted, challenging Jiyun.

Jiyun did not want to deal with this. She had felt all her energy drain from her since this morning and she just wanted to go home. She tried to ignore them and walk away but one of the girls tripped her and she fell flat on the ground. They were laughing, others snickering but no one bothered to help her. 

Tears welled up in her eyes as her breathing became more and more unstable.

Until she blacked out. And all she could feel was a wave of sadness in her, not wanting to believe everything was real.