𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶

"Your highness, would you like some tea?" Jiyun asked.

Jaehyun looked at her weirdly. "Since when were you so formal?"

"I should really make it a habit to call you that. All the casual talk and I even just said your name straight to your parents. I swear your father suspects something," Jiyun lowered her voice while cautiously looking around to ensure that no one was there.

Jaehyun chuckled, "And I really wonder why you haven't been sent to prison."

"By the way, the princess's coming tomorrow. The queen told me to tell you to get ready," Jiyun sighed.

"Ok."

Jiyun really did not know if Jaehyun liked her. He seemed to not care about her leaving and just dismissed that topic whenever she talked about it. Jiyun was undeniably upset but what could she expect? She could not expect a prince to like a normal girl like her. She walked through the garden, calming her mind.
(?)
She decided on one thing. Maybe she should just spend the rest of her time in the palace being a normal assistant. Her role had become too personal.

❤️

When Jaehyun saw Jiyun that night, she was already sleeping but on her own bed. Jaehyun dismissed his disappointment and went to look for his mother who had called him.

"Jaehyun. The princess who has agreed to marry you is Princess Chara. She will be coming one week before the wedding to stay with you first," The Queen stated.

Jaehyun was not interested in what his mother was saying. This meant that Jiyun could stay for one week less, which was a lot less to Jaehyun.

❤️

A week had passed and Jaehyun started to feel the hostile attitude Jiyun had towards him as if they were enemies. She would avoid him at all cost and not even look at him. She went to sleep early as if falling asleep had become something very easy for her. But she was just faking it.

Jiyun was walking in the garden again, a place she felt the calmest in the palace. She was breathed in the fresh air, trying to clear her mind from the mess. She didn't want to make Jaehyun feel bad, but she also didn't want her feelings to keep growing. Accepting Jaehyun for now meant that she would hurt greater after that. And that was not something she wanted.