keys in the ignition

Jade's Pov
I see they sent Josie to put a barrier spell up so this is the perfect chance to talk to her since was the one who turned on my humanity I partly feel like shit for the part I played in the prison world but I'm optimistic she'll forgive me eventually I mean I have all of eternity
"Hey!"

"So um Lizzy should stay off her feet for the next 2 days and she shouldn't lift anything heavy " Shit she's still not saying anything fuck fuck fuck ummm

" I'm glad to have the real you back"
She smiles at me without looking away and says

"same"

I'm smiling like an idiot cause you
know what I don't know why maybe I'm just glad someone's glad to have the real me back too. I mean I know Josie had a crush on me like years ago and technically because I was in the prison world I'm still 16 but like at the same time I'm not tho fuck that's complicated and probably weird shell probably think I'm weird regardless stupid smile on my face tonight!

Josie's Pov:

Same same that's all you could fucking say was same Jesus fucking Christmas get it together I'm walking into the school and back to my room in frustration and I just slam the door with what little magic I had left over from the barrier spell.

Lizzy looks up from her magazine with an eyebrow raised

"okay what the hell is going on with you being dramatic is my thing"
Shit I didn't even think she would be here

" oh um nothing "

I plop face down on my bed with a huff. I feel the bed dip beside me and I know there's no getting out of this conversation now . I flip over to look at my sister .

"Would it be weird if I liked Jade I mean its just I've always liked her looked up to her I mean when we were younger and now with all this prison world stuff that happen she's the same age as us and I mean your dating Sebastian and he's like from the 1600s an-"

".....Josie.... Jesus spit it out ."

" I think I like Jade like her smile is so pure it could light up the moon and her laugh adorable and she's hot and not a total bitch like Penelope"

..*cough* " or a ragamuffin hobit like Landon "

"didn't you try to help hope get him back "

"doesn't mean I like the gremlin but anyway so you like Jade wasn't she a total bitch to you tho in the prison world ?"

" Can't really blame her tho you weren't there her humanity was shut off "

" oh that makes sense so what are you gonna do I think you should ask her out when dad let's her out of the old Mill" .

" I was thinking about bringing her a snack I kinda feel stupid but she went out of her way to make conversation with me and she said she was glad to have the real me back and all's I could muster was same like only me ".

" good for you jo just make sure she doesn't bite where dad will see you freak " .

" LIZZY WTF NO I MEANT A BLOOD BAG YOU PERVERT!!!!!!! Jesus"

" go get her sis "

"  hey by the way I for one am glad to hear your trying to get out of this "love triangle" it's really toxic "

I just nodded my head and left to go to the mill .

*Back to the old Mill 1am*

I'm walking through the door with with 2 different blood bags and another in my back pocket only 1 is human I figured she'd want the choice but before I could even whisper Jade was by the barrier.
" Joz what are you doing up and out here so late "

" I came to see you "

I swear If her heart could skip it would .

" really ? Why I thought you would hate me ."

" Jade your humanity was off and I don't blame you for anything you said or did I'm just glad your back to yourself speaking of which do you wanna go for a walk with me quick I won't tell if you won't ?"

I can tell she's sceptical about it.

"I promise you will be okay and I can handle myself I've been around vampires all my life if you trust me I can help and if you want before we leave I brought you something "

"oh what's would that be "

" 1 bag of O neg and 2 bags if animal I figured you would want the option"

" How did you know that was my favorite and that I was starving I'll take one if each and leave the third here for later thank you very much! And thank you for giving me a variety it was very thoughtful"

" alright now that you have your juice boxes will you come for a walk with me "

" I suppose we can I was always a rule breaker anyway "

I siphon the barrier spell and let Jade through and put it back up quickly I hand Jade her first blood bag and we start to walk down to the the lake .

Jade's Pov:

I know Josie is hiding something she seems kinda anxious

" hey joz? What did you really wanna talk to me about down here ?"

"What makes you think I wanted to ask you something "

" your heart is kinda going mock forty over there is something wrong "

"No! Nothing's wrong I just wanted to tell you something but I don't want to make this weird"

" what would make it !? Oh " I just smile .

" what what are you smiling at?"

" I think you beautiful and I like you too I thought you would have thought I was weird or something "

" oh my god I thought you would think I was weird"

We both started to laugh cause we feel stupid so we decided to sit down on the dock our hands so close just inching until we finally interlock our fingers and she rests her head on my shoulders and I can feel her shiver.

" come on baby let's get you back before your sister thinks something unholy "

she's still holding my hand and it feels like it was made for mine so before she lets go I vamp speed us back to the woods just before the old Mill she lets go of my hand and smacks me on my arm .

" warn me before you do shit like that Jesus I get car sick I wouldn't wanna get sick all over you not cute "

" I hate to break it to you but you've been cute since the day I met you oh I'm sor-"

but before I could finish what I was saying lips were on mine and just like her hands were made for mine her lips felt the same way I pull away after sometime because one of use still needs oxygen to function and I rest my forehead on hers.

" I can feel your heart it's racing "

" yeah I know it's a good race "

" you know ive never been on a real date with a girl but I'm totally gonna count this " she kisses my noise.

" your such a dork and you file that wherever you want as long as your happy I'm happy but common as much as I hate it we gotta get you back to the old Mill ".

" all good things must come to an end but when your father finally lets us out how's about you take me out for a drink "

I wink and she just kisses me again and we stay there in the doorway of the mill in utter bliss until it's cut short by a snore from Alyssa so Josie hands me my other two blood bags and I give her one last hug and kiss goodnight before the spell goes back up and I watch her walk away with the biggest smile on her face and I'm the reason .