California never felt like home

** All we do is drive all we do is think about the feelings that we hide all we do is sit in silence waiting for a sign all we do is drive **

Josie's POV:

holy shit holy shit I'm walking back into the school but decided to stop by the kitchen for a midnight snack when someone bumps into me but catches me before I hit the ground and I instantly recognized that laugh from anywhere Hope. Oh great

* Are you okay and why are you up so late it wasn't another nightmare*

" No I just couldn't sleep after all that happened the last few days "

* Oh it wouldn't happen to do with the cute redhead you brought back. *

" Hope please don't start "

* Start what *

" Whatever this is please stop it's confusing to me when literally the only reason me and Landon got together was because we were both missing you and we didn't even know we had you well he did and still does and probably always will so just stop with the games my heart can't take it so if I wanna move on you have to let me "

I could tell I really hit a spot because I've never really seen Hope let her guard down she opened her mouth like she wanted to say something but instead I watched her turn around walk off into the woods and then I heard a very loud howl/cry I assume I really upset her great way to ruin the mood I decided to head back to my room in frustration she is the one whose so in love with him but yet she acts like a jealous ex anytime anyone gets close to me it's like I can't even talk to her as a friend anymore which sucks cause I miss her I lay down and try to think about the walk back from the lake with Jade and soon slip into a deep sleep. It wasn't until lizzy was jumping on me did I wake up the next day

" Tell me fucking everything I waited so long and you didn't come back I knew it you two are gonna be epic "

" We kissed 3 times and it was amazing "

" Omfg yessssssss I'm so happy for you so she likes you back and said yes "

" Actually before I could ask she kinda was like *when your dad let's me out well have to go for a real bite sometime * so I'm most definitely thinking there's gonna be a next time"

" Go jo go jo fuck all them other boys and hoes go j o s i e " she's so dramatic.

" Are you quite finished you buffoon"

"Sorry that I'm actually happy with a person that my sister's dating your track record isn't that great "

" Let's not go there I've already heard enough "

"Sorry I shouldn't have said that but dad wants you to meet him in his office before breakfast"

" Okay I'll head there now then"

Wonder what this is about I knock on the door to the office and hear him say come in .

" Dad you wanted to talk?"

" Yes I did first of all I want to thank you for turning on Jade's humanity and getting us all back here and secondly I wanted to ask you how you feel about Jade rooming with hope for the time being and then you would be her sort of council someone she can talk to she trusts you "

The internal panic in my mind is playing ring around the Rosie my ex crush and my crush from 10 years ago same room great nothing could go wrong .!!!!!

" Yeah I don't see why not "

And here we go.
" Okay why don't you go get her and let her know what the situation will be also here is my card take her shopping on me she's been gone 10 years she's gonna need things "

" Anything else ?"

" No the two of you will be excused for the day go have fun"

" Um thanks Dad '

I start heading to the old Mill excited for the day with Jade .

Jade's POV:

I'm hanging upside down from an old railing when I see Josie coming to the mill from a distance I quickly get down and to the opening of the barrier.

" Hey"

"Hello again "

"What's brings you to my neck of the woods "

" My dad said you can move back to the school he has a roommate set up and he said for me to take you to the mall to get you whatever you need "

" Well I'll be damned trying to get that first date rolling already "

" I mean as much as I'm eager to get to know all of you I'm in no rush do you need anything before we go"

Being that cute should be a crime it's sweet how considerate she is when it comes to me I think I could get use to this .

" Yeah I should probably hit the kitchen and then we can go"

She whispered a spell and let the barrier down so that I could step through and once I did she put the spell back up as we start to walk back to school I feel a hand slip into mine but it's short lived I felt my heart drop as she let go we got into the kitchen where there was various students making things so I just made a b line straight for the walk in fridge and shut the door and rip into the first bag of O neg.

I can find I need to control myself it's not a big deal she probably hasn't told anyone about us or her dad or maybe she saw someone she knows it's not a big deal . Who the fuck am I kidding I'm 16 again with no impulse and haven't cared for anyone or anything in 10 years oh and sometimes rip people apart when I get a tad emotional. But I just grab another bag and drink it a lot slower than the first 1.....2.......3.......4.......5......6.......7.....8....9.....10....

I slide down the wall of the cooler slowly counting as I drink when the door opens up

" Jade!?"