Discovery

Luke looked at Daniel with astonishment. Luke had killed him not too long ago. What the hell, thought Luke, how did he get from the middle of the ocean to here? While his mind was racing, Daniel looked him in the eye and hugged him. Luke was not expecting this after an attempted murder. He was incredibly surprised.

"I'm sorry I tried to kill you, Luke," said Daniel apologetically.

"Ditto," replied Luke. He stood back and examined Daniel. Nothing. Not a single scratch, cut or bruise was visible across his entire body, which was strange as he had been in the middle of the Atlantic just a few days ago. Last time he had seen Daniel, Luke was sure he was covered in bruises, most of which were caused by Luke himself.

"Do you want to go outside?" asked Daniel.

Luke felt like he owed it to Daniel to accept his offer, considering what Luke had done to him.

"Sure," replied Luke, "let me just get a jacket on."

Caryna entered the room, her face a mask of confusion. She didn't know who Luke was talking to and didn't see anyone.

"Luke, what's going on?" asked Caryna with concern. Luke turned to face her. "Daniel's somehow alive," said Luke, happily, "look."

Luke turned around to his brother again. But, strangely, he wasn't there anymore. What is up with me? Thought Luke as he looked for Daniel, who was nowhere to be found. Luke was sure that Daniel was real. He had felt him when they had hugged and his voice sounded more real than any other noise on earth.

"Luke, are you okay?" asked Caryna. She was obviously concerned about Luke's mental health and seemed to want to help.

Luke didn't reply.

The next day, Luke began plans on expanding. He decided to do the planning in the conference room. The conference room was a large, mainly gold and red room with a long table in the centre with 22 seats. He gathered everyone into the same room and started drafting ideas for how they could take over the world. Luke honoured Dan's memory and started with Spain and Portugal. Luke started the discussion.

"Okay people," said Luke confidently, gathering everyone's attention, "we need ideas on the Spain takeover and the Portugal takeover. Ideas involving the flare will be given extra merit. Groups of five. You all have one hour to draft ideas."

Luke was about to hand out paper and pens, but everyone seemed to have Chromebooks or laptops and were much more willing to use them. Nobody wanted to join groups and Luke was eventually forced to pick them himself.

One hour passed. Luke stopped the timer he had set at the beginning of the hour and told everyone to stop.

"Does anyone need an extension of time?" asked Luke as he stood up from his seat and moved to the interactive whiteboard behind him. He pulled up a blank sheet and began calling out different team names.

"Jamie Nenra, you have been elected by your team, BigAndCo, to speak on behalf of your team. You may now go to the whiteboard."

Jamie stood up, clearly nervous, and walked to the whiteboard, grabbing one of the pens. When he started, he was just writing on the whiteboard and was silent. It took him a while to get started speaking but once he did, he was very confident in his speaking.

"The basic plan," said Jamie, his voice stuttering, "is to immediately start work on nuclear weapons with more potency than the Tsar Bomba and are laced with biological weapons. We release them in the largest military bases and cities in France. Two weeks later we offer the vaccine and compensation upwards of five billion dollars in return for ownership of Spain. We do the same with Portugal. Once we take over both we invest in nuclear cleanup projects."