Capture

The attack on Portugal had already begun. They began their attack in the North by attacking Braganca, Vila Real and Viana do Castelo. They launched 100,000 soldiers and 2 LHOR's in each province, to begin with. When the Portuguese military continued to receive extensive American support, Luke had to do something. He eventually decided to order the production of hundreds of hydrogen bombs, which would be used in an attempt to force the USA into backing down from supporting Spain. However, Luke realised that France already had around 280 nuclear warheads while Spain had none.

They launched the first warhead on Washington DC, one week after the war between France and Spain and Portugal had started. The warhead detonated in roughly the middle of the city and ended up destroying all of it. Luke saw the news report on it immediately afterwards.

"... they have the audacity to drop a bomb on us?" it was one of the USA's foreign ministers, "all we aimed to do was stop totalitarianism in its tracks. We should always let the people decide, not the ruler."

Luke decided to speak to the public the next day.

Luke was wearing a three-piece suit when he walked to the podium.

"Hello, people of France," said Luke, "by now, I'm assuming you all know about our decision to fire a nuclear warhead at Washington DC. I understand that that was an inhumane fact, but let me state the facts. We launch a warhead at a country's main city to try and stop a war from lasting longer than it should. Sound familiar?"

"Yes, that's right. All we're doing is what the Americans did to Japan during WW2. But yet, they manage to make us look bad for what they have done. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want nothing but peace and prosperity for the world. Apparently, none of our existing governments knows how to do that. That's the only reason why I want to unify the world under a single super nation. You all are intelligent people - you should understand my incentives. If you properly understand my motivation, then you will support me. Thank you."

Luke left the stage.

The USA threatened France and Spain with nuclear war but came to an agreement after France agreed not to attack them again if the USA backed out of the war. The USA reluctantly agreed. Portugal was now extremely weak, their army reduced to a six-digit number. Portugal's army, much like Spain's, was beginning to move back at a rapid rate. After they took over Briganca, Vila Real and Viana do Castelo simply by sheer force, they continued to expand Southwards. They flanked Braga from Vila Real and Viana do Castelo then used their military navy to trap the military of Porto and attack them from both sides, with the navy using their missiles and used their LHOR's on land. They used artillery shells and small, 1 gram antimatter bombs to take over half of Portugal. From there on out, they used their navy to take over the rest of Portugal, constantly firing projectiles from high-powered railguns and, nearer the end of the war, they conducted orbital strikes on Lisbon and Evora. They had launched a dozen small satellites into low-earth orbit at the start of the war that were able to launch massive metal stakes into the earth at over ten times the speed of sound, which caused colossal damage to Lisbon and the areas around it. They had also orbital striked the ISS halfway through their endeavour just to prevent other countries from exploiting space. Or just to annoy them.

The war was comparatively quick compared to the Spanish war. They were able to take over Portugal within a month and had very few casualties. Or at least there were very few casualties on France's side. Only 1% of their army were human, which were just the people controlling the navy. Less than 100 people died during the month in which the war was going on and only 1,000 robots were destroyed. The USA was, according to French spies, planning a French invasion following the attack on Washington DC that killed over 550,000 people and injured over 80,000.