Epilogue

The funeral for Luke occurred exactly a year after his death and his body was nothing more than a skeleton. Caryna, for the most part, had gotten over his death and was now engaged to Marcus, a Swede who she had met in France once they had taken over Germany. Many people attended the funeral, even Alex.

The house in which the funeral was taking place was the original location of Praevalens, the Palace which had been blown up by Daniel. It had been partially repaired after Praevalens had left it, the only damaged bit being the entrance. The funeral was being conducted in the living room, the only area of the Palace which had been refurbished.

Caryna pulled Luke and Alex out of the pushchair and gave one of them to Marcus as she cuddled Luke. She was going to speak at the funeral and moved to the front, getting ready for her speech. Despite all the time that had passed, Caryna still didn't want to get over Luke. The funeral started shortly after and Caryna was called to speak. She handed Luke over to Marcus and nervously walked to where she would deliver her eulogy.

"We are gathered here today to remember the life of Lucas Michael Ross and celebrate what he meant to us all. For those who don't know, I am Caryna Jones and I was the brief girlfriend and associate of Luke. I would like to thank you all for being here to mourn Luke's life with me. Luke Ross was born in France in 1998. Ever since birth, he was considered a prodigy. He never really knew his parents, they died in a car accident when he was five. The rest of his life was like a rollercoaster ride. He didn't attend school until he had to do his GCSE's, and spent five years getting two degrees."

Caryna, despite having a photographic memory, looked down at her notes to see what she would say next.

"I remember the first time I met Luke. It was one night when we were on Tristan da Cunha and I was walking on the beach when I saw a figure in front of me. I thought it was Jacob, a good friend of mine, and I rushed up to him to say hello. Turns out it was Luke. That was probably the best misunderstanding I ever made."

She looked down at her notes again, gulping down tears.

"We didn't really speak much after that. It was only until a few months later when we got properly introduced and our romance began. In the brief time I knew him, Luke Ross was the kindest, most modest and wisest man I had ever met, which is saying something."

She paused for a moment as she took a sip of water from a glass.

"He showed me that, despite all the shit this world has to offer, you can still have fun and make your life enjoyable. Luke's death was untimely, and those who knew him surely are upset. But Luke's spirit lives in all of us, all the people who cared for him and knew him, and what he achieved. May your soul rest in peace, Luke Ross."

Caryna walked to Marcus, who was at the back of the room, and pulled out a pack of tissues as she let go of her tears and cried. Marcus comforted her, putting the babies back into the pushchair.

"Have you come up with a name yet?" asked Marcus, unaware of the state Caryna was in. Fortunately, Caryna was not in the mood to fight and simply replied, "name for what?"

"Y'know, the name. As in, what will we call the country?"

"Actually," said Caryna proudly, "I have."

"So," said Marcus enthusiastically, "what will it be?"

"Ginliastan."

A/N wow! I've finished the book! well, the first draft. honestly, it's been pretty hard to write even this first draft and there have been many moments where I just thought, just quit. but I didn't, and it brought me to this point.